#3000 - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2007

      #3000 - Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      As the speedometer turns over to 3,000 issues, gratitude to all the readers, editors, contributors, and original sources who have shared the journey so far. And to our guiding compass, Jerry, for reminding us occasionally that there's nowhere to go, so we can go anywhere. Thanks, Jerry. -Gloria.

      We invent nothing, truly.

      We borrow and re-create.

      We uncover and discover.

      All has been given as the mystics say.

      We have only to open our eyes
      and hearts,

      to become one with that which is.

      --Henry Miller

      quote posted by Roma

      It was out of the dynamic of cosmic celebration
      that we were created in the first place.
      We are to become celebration and generosity,
      burst into self-awareness. What is the human?
      The human is a space, an opening,
      where the universe celebrates its existence.

      -- Brian Swimme, The Universe is a Green Dragon

      posted to MillionPaths by Viorica Weissman

      Jared Wilson interviews Ziggy, the son of Bob Marley.

      You're a Rastafarian. How much of a part does religion play in your
      everyday life?

      None really. I don't see being a Rastafarian as a religion. In the
      mainstream way of thinking this is a hard thing to grasp because
      people naturally want to label things and put them into boxes so that
      they can understand them easier. But Rastafarianism is a freethinking
      way of life. The basic premise is love. Basically being a Rastafarian
      means quite simply to love. I speak from my own mind and my own
      heart. This is not a thing that is written in a book somewhere that I
      have to follow. We have no manual and really everyone is a
      Rastafarian whether we realize it or not.

      posted to AwakenedAwareness by Tom McFerran

      There is no good and no evil.  In every
      concrete situation there is only the
      necessary and the unnecessary.  The
      needful is right, the needless is wrong.
      The situation decides.

      Every situation is a challenge which
      demands the right response.  When the
      response is right, the challenge is met
      and the problem ceases.  If the response
      is wrong, the challenge is not met and
      the problem remains unsolved.  Your
      unsolved problems - that is what
      constitutes your karma.  Solve them
      rightly and be free.

                                - Nisargadatta Maharaj

      posted to AlongTheWay

      Everyone is this naturalness. When we start calling it enlightenment and awakening, thought can use that to compare, right? But if we say this naturalness or this simple presence, thought can't run a comparison study. The whole invitation is to look prior to language, prior to concepts, prior to thought's projection.

      What's looking and what's seeing? There's not that much there. There's just this simple, ordinary presence, and it is so unadorned. You can run right by it if you're looking for something fancy. It's always been here, it has no age, it doesn't really have any properties or qualities, it's just this intelligence. It's so quiet, that's why they call it silence.

      - Pamela Wilson from Ordinary Women, Extraordinary Wisdom
      posted to Wisdom-l by Mark Scorelle

      Questions

      by Lama Surya Das

      The poet Rilke advised us to live into the questions and not to settle for immediate answers. Historian Daniel Boorstin calls man “the questioning animal.” Albert Einstein said: The important thing is not to stop questioning.” Let’s try together to look deep within ourselves and articulate our own deepest question or questions—that which burns us up inside and drives so much of our behavior and questing. Often the question contains within itself the kernel of a significant answer, as every teacher knows.

      Buddha said that investigation is one of the seven factors of enlightenment, the seven ingredients in his personal recipe for spiritual awakening. The sacred art of self-inquiry can help us to discover who and what we are and how we fit into this world, and includes our meaning and purpose in life. Asking ‘Who am I?’ can provide an entire spiritual path, if one knows how to actually uncover one’s own true identity or true nature and go beyond the egoic self to realize what is beyond us yet immanent in each of us.

      Plato wanted to know, “What is the nature of reality? What is beauty; truth; virtue? What is the best political system? What are the limits of knowledge? What is courage? Justice? Moderation?” Philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau asked, “Why is everyone unhappy?” Bill Moyers says: “Every journalist worth his or her salt knows that the towering question of our time is ‘What is the human spirit?’” Kurt Vonnegut thought that the big question is “What’s it all about?”

      Zen master Suzuki Roshi said: “The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said that “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is ‘What are you doing for others?’”

      Joseph Campbell said: “The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty ‘yes!’ to your adventure.

      It is better to know some of the questions than to have all of the answers.

      How shall I live my life? What is my true calling? What is happiness? Love? Why am I here? Why are people so rarely satisfied and content, and not for very long? Aren’t these questions for our time?

      from: http://tricycleblog.wordpress.com/

      posted to AllspiritInspiration by Gill Eardley

      WRITTEN ON THE WALL AT CHANG’S HERMITAGE

      It is Spring in the mountains.
      I come alone seeking you.
      The sound of chopping wood echoes
      Between the silent peaks.