#2999 - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2007
      #2999 - Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      I'm pleased to bring you Nondual Highlights Podcast #2, by Dustin LindenSmith,

      writing by Vicki Woodyard,

      announcement of a retreat with the respected Anadi (Aziz Kristof),

      and more poems from David M. Davis!

      Nondual Highlights Podcast #2, by Dustin LindenSmith

      Dustin writes in the Nonduality community of Live Journal ( http://community.livejournal.com/nonduality/):

      May I present the second podcast for the Nondual Highlights, comprising readings from some back issues of the highlights: namely, issues #2955, #2800, and #2630. In this podcast, I read from a blog entry by Faraz Ahmed about the inherent fallacy of that famous video The Secret; some pieces of literary nondual fiction from Floyd Henderson and Pete; and some commentary about the nondual aspects of the online 3D virtual world, Second Life. To listen to or to download the 18 MB, 15:52 podcast, please click on the following link:

      http://lindensmith.com/nonduality/ndh_p odcast_002.mp3

      Someone recently asked a lot of intellectual questions about the path.
      All I can say is that it is better to be the questions than to think
      about them. Being is above thought. That is tough love that leads to
      awakening. Never back down from that position because it is faultless.

      This is why the old Zen masters and patriarchs pointed.

      Or whacked.

      They didn’t chew their cabbage twice.

      Burp.

      Vicki Woodyard
      http://www.bobwoodyard.com

      Beloved Friend,

      We are happy to inform you about the coming meditation retreat with Anadi (former aziz kristof).
      This retreat will be more advanced in its nature, hence it is mostly directed to those who are deeper connected to our path and already familiar with the teaching.
      The retreat will take place in India, Mystic Village, near Pune. It will be a seven days event. The dates are 30th Jan to 5th Feb 2008.
      Should you be interested in participating, please let us know within 2 weeks and you shall receive the further information.

      Love and Blessings
      Sita

      write to
      liorc11@...

      More poems from David M. Davis, M.D. Also see Issue #2995.

      AMBITION’S DEMISE  -  April 25, 2005

      (at the Continental Inn  -  Tamales, California)

      I HAD ACCUMULATED WEALTH

      BUT FEARED A BEAR MARKET

      I WAS FAITHFUL TO MY WIFE

      BUT FEARED AN IRRESISTIBLE SIREN

      I WAS HEALTHY

      BUT FEARED THE INEVITABLE DECLINE

      I WAS HAPPY

      BUT FEARED DEPRESSION

      I WAS WELL RESPECTED

      BUT EVEN MY SKELETONS HAD SKELETONS

      NOW I MOVE WITH THE BREEZE

      LIKE AN EMPTY BOTTLE ON THE SEAS

      BY LETTING GO OF THE POSITIVE POLE

      I’M NOT INVESTED IN MY ROLE

      WHAT HAPPENS WILL BE

      I ACCEPT MY DESTINY

      MY ANXIETY VANISHED

      ONCE THE ME WAS BANISHED

      WHAT’S THE POINT?   -   October 14, 2004

      THE TRUTH CAN’T BE SPOKEN

      AND I AIN’T JOKIN

      SO WHAT’S THE POINT OF A POEM

      IF O’ER FALSEHOOD I WILL ROAM

      STILL I NEED TO PASS THE TIME

      SO I MIGHT AS WELL JUST RHYME

      WHEN THE MIND IS STILL

      ONE DOESN’T NEED A PILL

      WHEN THE MIND IS WHOLE

      LIFE DOESN’T TAKE A TOLL

      WHEN LIFE HAPPENS ON ITS OWN

      WHO IS THERE TO MOAN AND GROAN

      ONE CAN WITNESS THE WAKING DREAM

      AND YET STILL BE WHAT ISN’T SEEN

      WHEN ONE IS BUT A PIECE OF A PUZZLE THAT FITS

      IT DOESN’T REALLY MATTER WHETHER ONE PRAYS OR ONE SHITS

      LIFE MAKES NO SENSE BUT I’M HAVING A BALL

      CONCEPTS DON’T MATTER - UNDERSTANDING IS ALL.

      THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE!   -  September 12, 2004

      I WENT TO SCHOOL

      EIGHT YEARS AFTER COLLEGE

      AND I GAINED

      CONSIDERABLE KNOWLEDGE

      SO I COULD HELP

      THOSE WHO WERE CONFLICTED

      TO BREAK FREE OF THAT

      TO WHICH THEY WERE ADDICTED

      ONE IS A PROFESSOR

      HOPED TO WIN THE NOBEL PRIZE

      BUT SINCE HE HASN’T WON IT YET

      HE GROANS AND MOANS AND SIGHS

      ONE IS A LONELY MOVIE STAR

      OFTEN IN PEOPLE MAGAZINE

      HER ARROGANCE DRIVES HER LOVERS AWAY

      BUT SHE’S ADORABLE ON THE SCREEN

      ONE IS A RETIRED GENERAL

      WHO MADE IT TO 3 STARS!

      BUT SINCE HE THINKS HE DESERVED THE 4TH

      HE FEELS LIKE HE’S BEHIND BARS

      ONE WAS IN A ROCK BAND

      WITH AN ALBUM THAT WENT GOLD

      BUT NOW HE PLAYS IN COFFEE SHOPS

      AND HE’S STARTING TO LOOK OLD

      ONE STARTED A COMPANY

      THAT HE SOLD FOR 50 K

      BUT NOW HE WONDERS WAS IT LUCK

      HE’S GOT NOTHING TO DO ALL DAY

      FOR SOME “THE DREAM” IS BEYOND THEIR REACH

      FOR OTHERS ACHIEVED AND LOST

      BUT NOW I’M WONDERING IF HAVING GOALS

      IS WORTH THE SUFFERING THEY COST

      THE SAGE   - July 2004