#2992 - Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      #2992 - Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      Fine diverse writings that have one thing in common: E8

      If you are looking for inexpensive copies of Sati, by Christopher Pike, try searches on http://abebooks.com, http://bookfinder.com and http://alibiris.com. Amazon.com is sold out of copies under $20.

      Jenny writes...

      I thought immediately of your Nondual Highlights when I read this excerpt from Catherine Newman's Wondertime column:

      "Looking into the face of loss is like a bell of mindfulness for me. This very heart that pounds sometimes with anxiety -- this heart is beating! These very noisy children who make me want to fill my ears with rubber cement -- they are vibrantly alive! This very full-to-bursting life -- well, it's life, life itself. There is nothing more to want. I put on warm socks on a chilly evening or walk through the twilit parking lot with a small, skipping person beside me, a small hand in my own; we listen to the crickets, the guitar, the geese; the house smells like brown rice and oranges; laughter erupts from the bathroom. There is nothing more to want."

      The full article is here:
      http://wondertime.go.com/parent-to-parent/blogs/catherine-newman-blog/11052007.html

      Thank you for the NDH! :-)

      Best Wishes,

      Jenny from Florida

      -------------

      Thanks Jenny. I read the entire column. It's excellent. Pigyata!

      Philosophy of Charlie Morris

      My philosophy towards healing work is that none of us need any. We are all healers and doing just fine, doing exactly what we are meant to do in fact. However, some of us feel drawn to seek deeper truth, we feel that life is empty without it, even though we aren’t sure what it is. Following our hearts calling to transform our lives is the first step in my philosophy.

      I'm a big fan of truth. Being able to tell the truth to ourselves about ourselves can be a wonderful gift towards transformation. On the heels of that are emotions. Once we start telling the truth to ourselves, we come to realize that we are sitting on a hotbed of stuffed emotions, memories and experiences. Experiencing our emotions and memories in a safe and responsible fashion tends to be something I strongly support. We are feeling and sensing creatures by nature. If we can be honest about how we feel and unafraid to experience the feeling, well then life becomes a whole lot more pleasant.

      When someone is in a place of acceptance with themselves, the experience of Non Duality may begin to creep in. I'm a big fan of non duality. To me this means that no one is separate from another living thing. Everything that happens is connected. There is no good, no bad, no right, no wrong. But we don't really live from that place do we? On a regular basis we project these ideas of good, bad, right and wrong, onto the surface of true reality. Through this process, which we must go through, we end up with a falsehood-a duality. We literally see the world as we see it, not the way it truly is, and we all do it differently. There is a true reality underneath the world we see, but we can’t see it due to all the layers of meaning we have placed upon it.

      What is underneath the layers? What is the true reality? Emptiness. And in that emptiness is all that you have ever needed or wanted or craved.

      So, my philosophy is about being in the moment, allowing my awareness of the emptiness to expand and sharing this experience with anyone who is interested. It seems to me, because I do have a sense of right and wrong still, that the world could use a bit less duality right about now.

      Charlie Morris

      Dear editors,

      I thought you might be interested in this article I just stumbled on about an impoverished surfer who has developed a new theory of unification in physics that has been gaining traction in the scientific world.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/14/scisurf114.xml

      If nothing else, the graphic representing the E8 structure depicted in the article is quite beautiful...

      Cheers,
      Dustin.

      Above: Graphic of E8

      ~ ~ ~

      E8 encapsulates the symmetries of a geometric object that is 57-dimensional and is itself is 248-dimensional. Lisi says "I think our universe is this beautiful shape."

      What makes E8 so exciting is that Nature also seems to have embedded it at the heart of many bits of physics. One interpretation of why we have such a quirky list of fundamental particles is because they all result from different facets of the strange symmetries of E8.

      Lisi's breakthrough came when he noticed that some of the equations describing E8's structure matched his own. "My brain exploded with the implications and the beauty of the thing," he tells New Scientist. "I thought: 'Holy crap, that's it!'"

      What Lisi had realised was that he could find a way to place the various elementary particles and forces on E8's 248 points. What remained was 20 gaps which he filled with notional particles, for example those that some physicists predict to be associated with gravity.

      Physicists have long puzzled over why elementary particles appear to belong to families, but this arises naturally from the geometry of E8, he says. So far, all the interactions predicted by the complex geometrical relationships inside E8 match with observations in the real world. "How cool is that?" he says.

      Read entire article here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2007/11/14/scisurf114.xml