#2990 - Sunday, November 18, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2007

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2990, Sunday, November 18, 2007

      People say that what we are all seeking
      is meaning for life.
      I think that what we're really seeking
      is an experience of being alive,
      so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane
      will have resonance within our innermost being and reality,
      so that we can actually feel the rapture of being alive.

      - Joseph Campbell, posted to The_Now2

      You demand to know

      How can Ram Tzu laugh
      As you are being tortured?

      Can't he see you
      Being stretched
      On a rack
      Of your own thoughts?

      Can't he see
      Your pain
      As your ego
      Relentlessly turns the wheel?

      Ram Tzu sees -

      You clutch the ropes
      That appear to bind you.
      There are no knots.
      Nothing else holds you down.

      - Ram Tzu, from No Way for the Spiritually "Advanced", posted to AlongTheWay

      The problems in your life are in direct proportion to your unwillingness to swallow absolutely everything that's on your Path.

      The problem is not in what's showing up for you.

      The problem is in your resistance to what's showing up for you.

      It's in your shouting out to the Cosmos, "This should not be so!"

      When you swallow the entire "you-niverse," then you're not resisting "what is."

      If you're patient, though, then everything that shows up for you will eventually become edible.

      However...don't expect it all to taste just like dessert!

      - Chuck Hillig, from Seeds for the Soul

      if you don't have
      enough madness in you
      go and rehabilitate yourself
      if you've lost a hundred times
      the chess game of this life
      be prepared to lose one more
      if you're the wounded string
      of a harp on this stage
      play once more then resonate no more
      if you're that exhausted bird
      fighting a falcon for too long
      make a comeback and be strong
      you've carved a wooden horse
      riding and calling it real
      fooling yourself in life
      though only a wooden horse
      ride it again my friend
      and gallop to the next post
      you've never really listened
      to what God has always
      tried to tell you
      yet you keep hoping
      after your mock prayers
      salvation will arrive

      - Rumi, Ghazal 1194, translation by Nader Khalili, from Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight

      Who you are, in truth, who everyone is, is whole and perfect and beautiful. And if that can be recognized, then it is possible that self-torture can stop!

      - Gangaji

      That mind which ceases to grasp at itself achieves its original pristine purity and becomes unborn and whole again.

      The man who has freed himself through understanding accepts whatever comes his way without any judgment and remains within the underlying unity that encompasses man and nature in the totality that is the universe. He wanders through the enjoyment of all experience without becoming attached in any way, either positively to delights or negatively against sorrows, and thus remains free in all circumstances.