#2970 - Sunday, October 28, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2007

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2970, Sunday, October 28, 2007

      Untitled

      I talk to my inner lover, and I say, why such
      rush?
      We sense that there is some sort of spirit that loves
      birds and animals and the ants -
      perhaps the same one who gave a radiance to you in
      your mother's womb.
      Is it logical you would be walking around entirely
      orphaned now?
      The truth is you turned away yourself,
      and decided to go into the dark alone.
      Now you are tangled up in others, and have forgotten
      what you once knew,
      and that's why everything you do has some weird
      failure in it.

      Kabir, translated by Robert Bly

      The Lilies Break Open Over the Dark Water

      Inside
      that mud-hive, that gas-sponge,
      that reeking
      leaf-yard, that rippling

      dream-bowl, the leeches'
      flecked and swirling
      broth of life, as rich
      as Babylon,

      the fists crack
      open and the wands
      of the lilies
      quicken, they rise

      like pale poles
      with their wrapped beaks of lace;
      one day
      they tear the surface,

      the next they break open
      over the dark water.
      And there you are
      on the shore,

      fitful and thoughtful, trying
      to attach them to an idea -
      some news of your own life.
      But the lilies

      are slippery and wild - they are
      devoid of meaning, they are
      simply doing,
      from the deepest

      spurs of their being,
      what they are impelled to do
      every summer.
      And so, dear sorrow, are you.

      - Mary Oliver

      How
      Did the rose
      Ever open its heart
      And give to this world
      All its
      Beauty?
      It felt the encouragement of light
      Against its
      Being,
      Otherwise,
      We all remain
      Too
      Frightened.

      - Hafiz, from The Gift, Poems by Hafiz

      Let's open today to our Beauty,
      Let the Light of our True Nature
      reveal our innate Perfection.
      Let's let go of Fear.. which is just a
      fantasy anyway.
      Fearless, Beautiful, Lightfull, Perfect.
      sounds like a fantastic day to these old ears...

      love,
      dg, posted to DailyDharma

      Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name.

      - Rabindranath Tagore

      Bliss is Eternal,
      even though it appears to arise when the mind dies.
      Bliss is not an experience, it is your nature.
      This is the Heart of the Wise.
      This Gift is always calling to everyone,
      "You are seated in the Heart of all Beings."
      This is the Truth: Your face shines.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      I was Nothing

      When my mind was cleansed of impurities,
      like a mirror of its dust and dirt,
      I recognized the Self in me:
      When I saw Him dwelling in me,
      I realized that He was the Everything