#2966 - Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2007

      #2966 - Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Bliss is Eternal,
      even though it appears to arise when the mind dies.
      Bliss is not an experience, it is your nature.
      This is the Heart of the Wise.
      This Gift is always calling to everyone,
      "You are seated in the Heart of all Beings."
      This is the Truth: Your face shines.

                                          - Papaji

      The Paradox of Everyday Life

      What could be more ordinary than the cypress tree which the
      monk passes each day as he meditates?  Is it this everyday,
      ordinary thing which is to be for him the embodiment of
      enlightenment?  But then that’s exactly the point: it is the
      everyday thing, the paradox of everyday life, which becomes
      the magic window, as it were, into What Is.

      ~ Whitney Roberson

      White Bells 1.jpg

      A morning glory at my window satisfies me
      more than the metaphysics of books.

      ~ Walt Whitman

      Morning Glory Closing.jpg

      It is only necessary to behold the least fact or phenomenon,
      however familiar, from a point a hair's breadth aside from
      our habitual path or routine, to be overcome, enchanted by
      its beauty and significance ... To perceive freshly, with
      fresh senses is to be inspired.

      ~  Henry David Thoreau

      Dandelion.jpg

      There is not a single colour hidden away in the chalice of a flower,
      or the curve of a shell, to which some subtle sympathy with the
      very soul of things, my nature does not answer.

      ~ Oscar Wilde

      8

      Of course the Dharma-body of the Buddha was the hedge
      at the bottom of the garden.  At the same time, and no less
      obviously, it was these flowers, it was anything that I - or
      rather the blessed Not-I - cared to look at.

      ~ Aldous Huxley

      Paphiopedilum 1 07.jpg

      There are sacred moments in life when we experience
      in rational and very direct ways that separation, the
      boundary between ourselves and other people and
      between ourselves and Nature, is illusion. Oneness is
      reality.  We can experience that stasis is illusory and
      that reality is continual flux and change on very subtle
      and also on gross levels of perception . . .

      ~ Charlene Spretnak

      4.jpg

      Life is a mystery until you touch the reality beyond the veil.  When
      the mind is still and the search is intense, we have the vision to see
      reality all around us.  Every person you meet is in a world you could
      know.  Nature waits for our entrance, whether it is a forest or a rose.
      All around us is the Spirit Presence waiting for a quiet mind and an
      open heart.  Walking through the markets and riding in the subway,
      we can be close to the reality.  We are moving through various
      states of reality during the day.

      ~  Herman Rednick

      Cascade Morning.jpg

      Loving You All So Much In This Early Morning Hour,

      Mazie