#2948 - Saturday, October 6, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2007

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2948, Saturday, October 6, 2007

      Whether people are beautiful and friendly or unattractive and disruptive, ultimately they are human beings, just like oneself. Like oneself, they want happiness and do not want suffering.

      Furthermore, their right to overcome suffering and be happy is equal to one's own.

      Now, when you recognize that all beings are equal in both their desire for happiness and their right to obtain it, you automatically feel empathy and closeness for them. Through accustoming your mind to this sense of universal altruism, you develop a feeling of responsibility for others: the wish to help them actively overcome their problems. Nor is this wish selective; it applies equally to all. As long as they are human beings experiencing pleasure and pain just as you do, there is no logical basis to discriminate between them or to alter your concern for them if they behave negatively.

      Let me emphasize that it is within our power, given patience and time, to develop this kind of compassion. Of course, our self- centeredness, our distinctive attachment to the feeling of an independent, self-existent "I: works fundamentally to inhibit our compassion. Indeed, true compassion can be experienced only when this type of self-grasping is eliminated. But this does not mean that we cannot start and make progress now.

      - H.H. Dali Lama, posted to DailyDharma

      Ram Tzu knows this:

      You can only be lost
      If you are trying
      To get somewhere.

      - Ram Tzu, from No Way for the Spiritually "Advanced"

      Surrender is to surrender your concept
      of separateness - your ego.

      Surrender is to submit your stupidness,
      your wickedness to the will of existence.
      That's all.

      You must surrender like a river
      discharging into the Ocean.

      Surrender is to discharge your river
      of separateness into the Ocean of Being...

      Losing your limitations,
      and allowing to happen what happens.

      Papaji, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      There comes a time in one's evolution when every touch of beauty moves the heart to tears, and it is at that time that the Beloved of heaven is brought to earth.

      - Hazrat Pir-O-Murshid Inayat Khan, posted to SufiMystic

      It Doesn't Go Away (Passion)

      It doesn't go away, does it?
      These feelings. This feeling.
      These memories.
      These pictures in my head.
      The beating in my heart,
      quickening when I lose myself
      in wanting you,
      my mother's songs,
      my father's hands,
      this poetry,
      these blue skies
      Autumn,
      these sudden storms
      of passion,
      my babies' milk breath.
      these words
      these voices that speak,
      my dog's grey-bearded presence,
      this music
      these colours,
      this anger of
      suffering,
      this compassion
      this hard rain
      this Light of Awareness
      this ocean of dreams,
      this endless desire to
      be, to have, to change,
      to Love without borders,
      to be free,
      to fly,
      It doesn't go away.
      ever.

      this living I live so pure, so
      shamelessly alive.

      - Anna Ruiz, posted to NondualitySalon

      You don't require any special circumstance. What you are exists in any and every circumstance. The circumstances we call birth or death can never touch you. You are prior to the sensation of birth and death. What you are existed before this body was born.

      Karl Renz, posted to The_Now2

      All will come as you go on. Take the first step first. All blessings come from within. Turn within. `I am' you know. Be with it all the time you can spare, until you revert to it spontaneously. There is no simpler and easier way.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, from I Am That, posted to AlongTheWay