NDS Highlights from Sunday, March 19, 2000

  • Lynne Helwig
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2000
      You know something guys (and gals)? Nothing went wrong this time.
      It is in the talking about it, the exposing, the sharing that it
      is all going right. :-)
      Not quite stream of consciousness this week - but close. I
      apologize if the overall effect seems disjointed. Kind of how
      I'm feeling right now.

      Lynne

      No worries. Instead of looking and talking about this 'case'
      (Marcia),
      have you looked directly at the 'talking' itself, to see what
      that is?
      Have you noticed any foaming as yet? :-) Getting my drift
      Marcia?
      It's the working it out, all this 'talking', either out loud, or
      silently internally, that is the suffering, the plotting, the
      'dis-ease' itself,
      the search, that keeps the illusion of separateness going.
      Marcia herself is held blameless, so get off her case. Let her
      be.
      The earliest conditioning is the most durable! :-)

      Err sorry i just got outta my sunday afternoon bed. It was "kick
      ass"....wasn't it...mmm
      :-)))))

      All in your dreams. Enlightenment, or Truth, is something else
      entirely.

      The Shao Lin monks are touring over here at the moment. Wow what
      those guys dream minds can make their dream bodies do, is
      something else entirely too :-)

      You say that whenever you directed anger at someone or
      something that you lost your connection.

      Does this mean that anger is not part of the 'now'
      ....that one cannot be connected to the present
      moment, and be angry at the same time?

      If not....could it be that one's judgment about
      anger is what breaks the connection to the 'now',
      rather than the arising of anger itself?

      You say that when you directed anger at someone
      else, that you know you were really cursing "yourself",
      and yet you still see them as "everybody else" when you're
      driving like 'bumper cars' thru traffic?

      So...when you're cursing at them they are "you",
      but when you're dodging their erratic driving
      they're "everybody else"?

      Could this just be a 'mind trick'....to
      keep you at ease in traffic....rather than
      a movement to living life spontaneously
      and authentically?

      I think of your eyes. I see you standing in front of me, piercing
      me.

      The thing is, on a day to day basis a person almost has to do
      those things to play the game of
      life, if the game must be played.

      People 'our age' can relax and do our thing. Someone in their
      30's is driven to succeed at a career and has to attend seminars,
      think positive, visualize, go out and make the sale, so that
      later in life they can relax. I believe a lot of these people are
      aware of a hollowness, but they're too caught up in success to
      face it, so they try further to cover it, and on it goes until
      the house of cards crashes or is carefully taken down.

      Ram Tzu is kinda hinting that it's time to take one card off the
      other.

      SOUND CELESTIAL

      The invisible world is contained within the third eye,
      So say and describe all souls of inner knowledge.
      Behold Brahmand* within, through your astral eye;
      When that eye is opened, everything stands revealed.

      The soul in Sunn** will hear resounding peals of Sound,
      She will uncover and know the essence of Shabd.***
      They alone, O Tulsi, will know that perfect state,
      Who have seen and experienced it themselves.

      -- Tulsi Sahib, Saint of Hathras, India, from his Shabdvani;

      _______________________________
      NOTE:

      * Brahmand, literally, "the egg of Brahm:" the physical, astral
      and causal regions.

      ** Sunn, a plane beyond Brahm.

      *** Shabd, another name for the Music of the Spheres, the Sound
      of the
      Godhead that guides souls back to the Realm of Truth, what
      the Sufis call "Haq."

      In my ordinary state of consciousness I actually believe that
      whatever
      my anger gets directed at is the actual cause of the arising of
      that
      anger. As I raise my level of awareness by keeping some attention
      inside I come to see that I am a negative field of energy just
      waiting
      to find something which by association triggers something in me
      somewhat justifiable to discharge it on. As I keep some small
      amount of attention inside I begin to see how this is really
      working
      and that seeing itself begins to change the polarity of the
      field.

      But, butt, but, butt WAIT! I I I AIEEEE!

      HAHAHAH and HOHOHO!

      "Do whatever you wish to, like to, knowing that "you" are not
      doing anything.
      A biological computer is playing out it's programme.
      Let it. You rest."

      In observation, the reaction is easily recognized as a
      'biological
      computer' responding to it's programming. And in this observing,
      the 'field of vision' is dramatically expanded...... and the
      'drama'
      loses the fascination it held before.

      The key for me being: to 'observe' rather than try to control
      or manage my responses.

      Ok, fine. I won't say anything else about it.
      Everyone has their limits of
      what they can and want to hear.

      There's a lot of truth to that, however I suspect that they are
      all around
      us and connect at another level of interface, where they are more
      isolated
      and where some of us may be more receptive.

      Christopher Columbus IS, Christ, Buddha, Hitler and others that
      we haven't
      focused on yet ARE. They SEE more now, what they see compensates
      for the crap that they see
      here. They are compasionate and prepared to share, if we are
      prepared to listen.

      You've communicated to beings of knowledge, other beings touch
      you every day.
      Those beings are us, those beings are you. IT IS.

      I admit to sometimes getting carried away with what I love, and
      having to catch up on what I need to do, but love less. :-)
      Which is to say, I love you more, and I love doing various
      paperwork, preparation of notes, etc., less :-)
      I had a great dream last night in which I realized I was
      dreaming,
      reviewed everything that happened in the dream, realized the
      dream showed how nothing that
      was appearing was apart from my being, then woke up!

      It really is just a matter of maturity. Although it doesn't
      necessarily, as we know, correspond
      with age. It comes down to integrity, a willingness to look and
      be with the truth, whatever that turns out to be. Strength of
      character. And character comes from suffering, a deep sympathy.

      Yes, and the 'crash' is inevitable. It's a heart break, ain't
      no getting around it. :-) Of course we can smile and laugh about
      it now, but before....I don thin so Lucy! :-) Of course, I'm
      sure there are, and I've met a couple, of what I would call
      'characters' that can pull it off. :-) What a joy they are! But
      those guys have
      been around the block so many times and so many different ways,
      very intelligent, that they're simply ready. They just blow
      themselves over. :-)

      And this is where..."To him who has shall be give and to him
      who has not all that he has shall be taken away, " comes in
      to play. Observation takes attention which is in short supply
      for most of us. As we don't spend it all through the discharge
      of negative energy, the little that we have is added to through
      the process of observing. Even though it takes just as much
      attention to observe rather than dump i.e. observation itself
      will never become automatic, the process itself once initiated
      lasts longer and is richer and fuller and has more weight and
      is more substantial.

      I am reminded of a book I read long ago...Programming and
      Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer. Gurdjieff
      has this set of idiots which are toasted. One of them is the
      doubting idiot. My friend in Australia was saying that he
      is a doubting idiot and he thought I was also. I said.....
      "I doubt it." This is metaprogramming. I only mention
      this cause one has to watch out for that metaprogramming.

      Yes, we can't beat the system.
      We've been suckered, a set-up
      engineered by the body-mind's
      memory, reactivity and comparisons.

      We're stuck defending
      an intolerable apartness, as we attempt to
      escape the unacceptable, the intolerable.
      Our avoidance techniques = security and reality.
      Self-hypnosis instead of honesty.

      Okay, then - into the intolerable.
      There's no escape.

      Relying on memory and comparisons is futile.
      Avoiding the body-mind's sensations and limitations is also
      futile.

      Ultimate Peace = the heart of the fire, the core of the iceberg,
      the darkest hour,
      the center of the storm.

      Kundalini some thoughts,experiences.

      Namaste All, This is from El,From K-List,thought it
      mght help! Tony.

      KUNDALINI SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS

      El Collie

      Many individuals whose Kundalini has been unexpectedly
      unleashed DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, and the
      prevailing social ignorance about this
      multidimensional transformative process makes it hard
      to find medical or alternative health
      practitioners or spiritual advisors who recognize the
      symptoms, particularly when they are strongly
      physical. Many people know
      that the risen Kundalini flings open gates to all
      sorts of mystical, paranormal and magical vistas but
      few realize it can also
      dramatically impact the body. A large percentage of
      Shared Transformation subscribers have reported long
      bouts of strange
      illness as well as radical mental, emotional,
      interpersonal, psychic, spiritual and lifestyle
      changes. Over and again we hear stories
      of frustrating, sometimes desperate visits to doctors,
      healers, counselors, etc. who neither understood nor
      were able to help
      with the myriad pains and problems catalyzed by raging
      Kundalini.

      The following are common manifestations of the risen
      Kundalini:

      Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.

      Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating
      the body

      Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging
      or crawling sensations

      Intense heat or cold

      Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often
      during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors,
      shaking; feeling an
      inner force pushing one into postures or moving
      one's body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as
      epilepsy, restless
      legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)

      Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns

      Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely,
      overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are
      experiencing Kundalini
      awakening)

      Intensified or diminished sexual desires

      Headaches, pressures within the skull

      Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest

      Digestive system problems

      Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the
      left foot and leg)

      Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back
      and neck (Many cases of FMS are
      Kundalini-related.)END.<

      Tony. Namaste All, My Own Thoughts and experience.
      K is in the subtle nadis or nerves not in the
      physiological, neurological, system per se!

      1) K is the Power of Sakti,or Prana-K, all is Prana
      but different manifestations of same.

      2) The K is never painful only blissful and
      meditative.

      3) What then is the activity and the 'experiences'?
      -Prana-K?

      4) Totally risen K is impercetible for it is Samadhi.

      5) Some people with risen K have no experiences and
      happenings at all, not even ecstasy, if they are above
      it in Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

      6) In the end the proof of risen K is the level of
      spirituality and awareness.

      7) I personally do not get dramatic experiences now.
      However I have smooth rises to my crown sahasrara. If
      I wish not to interfere, the consciouness is lost into
      deep meditation.

      For I use Chakra meditation before complete Dhyana
      meditation. These are really my own preferences for
      even if I did nothing it still rises and seems
      everywhere. Sometimes on returning there is a blissful
      energy, which I consider a memory.

      8) I account for my particular rising of K to Japa or
      repeating tantric mantras many many times repetitively
      prior to meditation. This raises the K imperceptibly
      and is noticed by awareness or moving into the higher
      than mind sheaths or kosas.

      9) So as I was now on the spiritual path again, my
      Inner Guru, Super-Super Consciousness, Devi, Saguna
      Brahman, Narayana, took charge of 'The Rising',
      henceforth it would be mainly Inner, or directly to
      the Higher Sheaths or Kosas.

      10) A perfect rising of K would be 'Realisation',
      without any experiences at all, for that is above the
      field of experiences. Many Saints like Sarada Devi,
      Ramakrishna's consort are like this, No overt K for
      it is risen!

      I avoided the heavy prana-k, after the initial
      experiences, by the Tantric method of direct
      perception due to mantras.
      One must also remember that Sakti is a power of the
      Saguna Brahman or God with Attributes, which is
      ultimately unreal also, for non-attribute meditation
      takes one to the ultimate non attribute consciousness,
      Nirguna Brahman or whatever.

      This observation seems to be covered in part, at
      least, by Gopi Krishna, Swami Lashmanjoo, Sri Sarada
      Devi etc.

      Why did my manifestation of K start at the Heart
      Chakra. Well there was some prior activity as a child;
      However I think it had more to do with where I was at
      in previous lives than anything.

      How did I feel? A rush of energy and tremendous
      feelings of what I can only call Love or Bliss, and
      connection with everything. I nearly fell over! This
      had happened before, as a young boy, but not as
      dramatically, however the prior experience lasted for
      quite some time, some hours even. I had no idea what
      it was on any of these occasions. Of course there was
      an expanding of psychic awareness as well, which I
      really regarded as distractions.

      Each person has a different experience of course. I
      think it depends on the purification level of the
      inner sheaths and Buddhi or awareness sheath,
      vijnanmayakosa. If there is a presence of heavier
      vibrations due to, thoughts, lifestyle, company,
      alcohol, tobacco, meat-eating, etc etc , these may
      first have to be burned off, so to speak, hence
      cleansing prana-k. Sadhana or spiritual practice and
      purification of the senses avoids this sometimes
      painful process.

      One may say but this or that spiritual person went
      through it anyway in their early days. This may be due
      to deeply imbedded impressions or samskaras from
      previous unspiritual lifetimes.

      Some people practice no purifications and hence have
      continual prana-k cleansings. It is said the K, rises
      up in the inner Citrini Nadi, and inside that the
      Brahma Nadi, in the Sushumna but it is extant
      everywhere at the same time. Eventually going down the
      Amrita Nadi from the Sahasrara to the 'Heart Centre'.

      Some are born green, some are born ripe, some are
      ready to fall off the branch, some are still in seed
      condition. It is the same with liberation or Moksha.

      I use the word Sakti with some license for Sakti can
      only be felt on the day of Moksha, it is Prana that we
      feel.

      Just my observations that's all.

      Love and Om Namah Sivaya, Tony.

      =====
      http://members.xoom.com/aoclery/sanskritglos.htm

      ASATHO MA SATH GAMAYA, From the unreal lead me to the real,
      THAMASO MA JYOTHIR GAMAYA, From darkness, lead me to light,
      MRITHYOR MA AMRITAM GAMAYA.From death, lead me to immortality.
      OM, SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI. Om, Peace Peace Peace.

      D: Yes, and yet... "them" is/am "us".
      Nothing separates that reality from this,
      as no vibration (dimension) is ultimately
      apart, an island.
      Only the boundaries formed by the apparent
      body-mind of "this" dimension seem to
      construct a divide.
      It isn't there ultimately, nor even "now", "here".
      We are outside of the box, and the box.
      Yes, contractedness in reaction to the
      experience of this dimensionaly forms
      a focus that seems to put "them" out there,
      and "us" in here :-)
      And yes, contractedness is reaction to perceived
      loss, insufficiency, and threat.
      But even so, "here" am "us" :-)

      Subject: Huang Po

      The master said to me: All the Buddhas and all sentient beings
      are
      nothing but the One Mine, beside which nothing exists. This Mind,
      which
      is without beginning, is unborn and indestructible. It is not
      green nor
      yellow, and has neither form nor appearance. It does not belong
      to the
      categories of things which exist or do not exist, nor can it be
      thought
      of in terms of new or old. It is neither long nor short, big nor
      small,
      for it transcends all limits, measures, names, traces and
      comparisons.
      It is that which you see before you - begin to reason about it
      and you
      at once fall into error. It is like the boundless void which
      cannot be
      fathomed or measured. The One Mind alone is the Buddha, and there
      is no
      distinction between the Buddha and sentient things, but that
      sentient
      beings are attached to forms and so seek externally for
      Buddhahood. By
      their very seeking they lose it, for that is using the Buddha to
      seek
      for the Buddha and using mind to grasp Mind. Even though they do
      their
      utmost for a full aeon, they will not be able to attain it. They
      do not
      know that, if they put a stop to conceptual thought and forget
      their
      anxiety, the Buddha will appear before them, for this Mind is the
      Buddha
      and the Buddha is all living beings. It is not the less for being
      manifested in ordinary beings, nor is it greater for being
      manifested in
      the Buddhas.
      ---------------------------
      from " The Zen Teaching" translated by John Blofeld

      Hi Melody,

      No luck so far. But I promise to keep trying, I have some more
      days left :)
      Unfortunately he has his way with me - he is tireing me so much
      in the
      mountains every day that my vision is blurred when we are back
      and I may
      overlook sth. Besides, the breathtaking places he takes me to and
      all the
      beauty there also somehow stand in the way of the proper
      investingation.
      Sigh...

      But if any of the Saloners are still planning their vacation I
      think it is
      a great idea to visit the Canaries and pay Jan a visit until he
      still
      extends the invitation. I am afraid, one day he might stop
      communicating at
      all and the opportunity to meet IT in a living body may be lost.

      Much love

      Liliana

      It all depends on intention. Is talking about *issues* a
      gratifying activity which perpetuates and justifies identity,
      or is it seen as a temporary involvement serving the purpose
      of freedom.

      Xan

      ~ Hmmm, skye. I've guess we've been talking to different
      folks. As I hear it, pain in our dimension only arises from
      resistance. There are many beings who hang out around
      us solely for our benefit and are agents of Grace in their
      unchanging joy.

      xan

      ~ As well, there is serving the perpetuation of false
      identity and there is service to Truth.
      Never the 'twain shall meet.

      xan

      ...unless of course they find
      themselves on the same twack.

      Bruce :-)

      From: "Dan Berkow, PhD" <berkowd@...>
      Subject: Re: a twacky conversation

      ...and the moral:
      don't get off twack,
      unless 'bout to 'twain weck;
      then, the twackless way is best.

      Dan :-)

      Oh i whole heartedly agree, perhaps i should have explained
      it better. What i meant was to denizens using vehicles of
      expression on wave lengths stretching far beyond those we
      use on this plane, everything here is still seen and
      contactable yes, but in its essential forms. Such as the
      essence of the rock, the essence of the tree, the essential
      Mt. Everest, the essence of your personality and the essence
      behind the act of kissing or kicking ass. The divisions
      between dimensions are (as in this salon) all caused by the
      same inability of the denizens on each interwoven plane to
      comprehend every multidimentional vibration happening
      everywhere at once. So All That Is has gone forth and
      multiplied in order to specialise and experience what IT
      once (in our terms of time) could only comprehended Alone in
      its Cosmic Entirety. The seeming division of the realms is
      a source of great Wonderment and Joy to All That Is. Of
      cause there are realms (concepts) and directions far more
      abstract than we have yet explored (though we sense them) or
      that our limited words can describe, at least this has been
      my experience so far.

      Don't you think it has to do with whether or not
      one is identified with the issue when one is talking about it?
      I can tell in myself by a certain taste whether I am "in it" or
      detached and talking "about it." I mean I can be not trying
      to justify but still be so caught up in it that talking about it
      only serves to make it worse.