#2922 - Friday, September 7, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007
      #2922 - Friday, September 7, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      One: Essential Writings on Nonduality. Amazon site: http://nonduality.com/one.htm
      Check availability at your local Borders Store:
      http://www.bordersstores.com/locator/locator.jsp?tt=gn

      Some new poetry and a couple of interesting announcements.

      Selections from the I Am Above site: http://www.iamabove.com/

      Always the same

      You know,
      the day will come and
      you will go,
      you know,
      I have fed up with all that there
      comes from nothing,
      even taste it hasn't

      Whirlpools at the abyss
      Smashes all form,
      Dissolves and makes loathsome,
      The day that's been,
      And you go,
      And you know,
      That tomorrow also,
      Is goanna be the same

      ~ ~ ~

      Cells of blood

      The blood rages through the body,
      And Compresses in its flow,
      Ascending,
      In accelerated circularity
      and intense respiration,
      Faintly beating
      At the crawling edge,
      Gathers in my head
      And bursting in silence,
      Out from his cells the blood
      Runs free.

      ~ ~ ~

      Dimensions

      I step and watch
      as the ground under my feet
      turns
      into a tapestry of living colors.
      My eyes roll over, inverting
      inwards swallowed,
      like a hammer smiting and carving
      that great bubble.
      With sparks I foresee,
      and the distance is long
      inwards,
      too inwards,
      surrounded by warm fluid,
      encircled by thick, firm crust
      that floats on it's smoldering core

      Golden flakes
      decorate its borders,
      I can stand it no longer,
      the choking grips,
      the pushing shoves,
      out, out!
      Repetitive circles,
      without a pause,
      and swallowed and strangled again and again,
      Holding the hammer
      and chiseling with strength,
      each blow hurts me more and more,
      But I must
      Be opened wide,
      Be discharged,
      Be born.

      "Embodied Awakening"
      Nondual Wisdom and Psychotherapy
      Conference 2007

      October 25-28, 2007
      California Institute of Integral Studies
      1453 Mission Street, San Francisco

      Presented by CIIS's Integral Counseling Psychology Program and the Center for Timeless Wisdom
      Co-Sponsored by JFK, ITP, and ATP

      This annual cutting-edge conference hosts leading therapists and teachers who are exploring the confluence of nondual wisdom and psychotherapy. How does psychotherapy change when therapists and clients begin to awaken to and embody their true nature as open, lucid Awareness-and discover this Awareness to be inseparable from the whole of life?

      FEATURING:

      Ken Bradford, PhD
      Marlies Cocheret, MA
      Timothy Conway, PhD
      Brant Cortright, PhD
      Arthur Giacalone, PhD
      Dorothy Hunt, LCSW
      Richard Miller, PhD
      Kaisa Puhakka, PhD
      Kirk Schneider, PhD
      John Tarrant, PhD
      Jennifer Welwood, MA
      Carol Whitfield, PhD

      Preconference Workshops:
      Realization Process: Embodiment as the Basis of Oneness with Others with Judith Blackstone, PhD
      The Neurology of Awakening: The Nondual Brain with Rick Hansen, PhD and Rick Mendius, MD

      www.ciis.edu/publicprograms

      Namaste!

      This is to inform to all seekers in the path of Self-Realization, that we just launched a comprehensive portal to dessiminate the message of sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

      Please visit http://www.maharajnisargadatta.com/

      The site is mainly focussed on the teachings, talks, quotes and reminiscences of Nisargadatta Maharaj and other notable saintly masters such as Ramana Maharshi, Ramesh Balsekar, Papaji and others. It is our aim to bring a clean, well designed and informative resource for all advatin seekers mainly in the path of direct self-enquiry.

      This site currently includes, in addition to others, a spiritual library containing nearly 90 online texts (mostly downloadable) about the teachings of revered advaita masters such as maharaj, ramana maharshi, swami sivananda etc. And Upanishads and Gita are also included.

      Please visit http://www.maharajnisargadatta.com/

      In the very near future, we are willing to bring a series of articles related to the teachings of Nisargadatta Maharaj, Ramana Maharshi, Advaita Vedanta and our ancient wisdom of Upanishads.

      We seek your support, suggestions and encouragment to serve the community of advaita seekers with this small website.

      Thank you for your support.

      Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma

      Aditya
      http://www.maharajnisargadatta.com/