#2910 - Saturday, August 25, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2007
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available online:

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2910, Saturday, August 25, 2007

      'When I'm old I'll go to the monastery.' If you understand this, it's
      true alright. You have to see it within yourself. When you sit, it's
      true; when you stand up, it's true; when you walk, it's true.
      Everything is a hassle, everything is presenting obstacles - and
      everything is teaching you. Isn't this so? Can you just get up and
      walk away so easily now? `Oy!' when you walk. It's prodding you.

      When you're young you can just stand up and walk, going on your way -
      but you don't really don't know anything. When you're old, every time
      you stand up it's `Oy!' `Oy, Oy!' - every time you move, you learn
      something. So how can you say it's difficult to meditate? Where else
      is there to look? It's all correct. The devaduta are telling you
      something. It's most clear. Sankhara are telling you that they are
      not stable or permanent, not you or yours. They are telling you this
      every moment.

      But we think differently. We don't think that this is right. We
      entertain wrong view and our ideas are far from the truth. But
      actually, old persons can see impermanence, suffering and lack of
      self, and give rise to dispassion and disenchantment - because the
      evidence is right there within them all the time. I think that's good.

      - from Everything Is Teaching Us, published by the lay supporters of
      Vimokkharam Forest Hermitage, Melbourne, Australia, posted to

      Why do we prefer to apply love to what feels good?

      Because it's easy.

      How many are willing to take up the challenge of loving the unlovable?

      Xan, posted to SufiMystic

      nothing ever can distort or disobey the
      omnipotent divine will. all is perfect.

      the all-containing perfection, being whole
      and complete, must include all apparent

      yosy, posted to SufiMystic

      In the light of consciousness all sorts of things happen and one need
      not give special importance to any. The sight of a flower is as
      marvelous as the vision of God. Let them be. Why remember them and
      then make memory into a problem? Be bland about them; do not divide
      them into high and low, inner and outer, lasting and transient. Go
      beyond, go back to the source, go to the self that is the same
      whatever happens. Your weakness is due to your conviction that you
      were born into the world. In reality the world is ever recreated in
      you and by you. See everything as emanating from the light which is
      the source of your own being.

      - Nisargadatta

      Whatever you do,
      don't shut off your pain;
      accept your pain and remain vulnerable.

      However desperate you become,
      accept your pain as it is,
      because it is in fact trying to hand you a priceless gift:

      the chance of discovering, through spiritual practice,
      what lies behind sorrow.

      Sogyal Rinpoche, posted to The_Now2

      Our original Buddha-nature is, in highest truth, devoid of any atom
      of objectivity. It is void, omnipresent, silent, pure; it is glorious
      and mysterious peaceful joy -- and that is all. Enter into it by
      awaking to it yourself. This which is before you is it, in all its
      fullness, utterly complete. There is naught else beside.

      - Huang Po