#2860 - Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      #2860 - Sunday, July 1, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      Nondual Highlights
      Don't hide - the sight of your face is a blessing.
      Wherever you place your foot,
      there rests a blessing.
      Even your shadow,
      passing over me like a swift bird,
      is a blessing.

      The great Spring has come.
      Your sweet air,
      blowing through the city, the country,
      the gardens, and the desert
      is a blessing.

      He has come with love to our door;
      His knock is a blessing.

      We go from house to house, asking of him.
      Any answer is a blessing.

      Caught in this body,
      we look for a sight of the soul.
      Remember what the Prophet said:
      One sight is a blessing.

      The leaf of every tree brings a message
      from the Unseen world.
      Look! Every falling leaf is a blessing.

      All of Nature swings in unison -
      singing without tongues,
      listening without ears.
      What a blessing!

      O soul, the four elements are your face -
      Water, wind, fire, and earth -
      Each one is a blessing.

      Once the seed of faith takes root
      it cannot be blown away,
      even by the strongest wind -
      Now that's a blessing!

      I bow to you,
      for the dust of your feet
      is the crown on my head.
      As I walk toward you,
      every step I take is a blessing.

      His form appeared before me, just now,
      as I was singing this poem. I swear.
      What a blessing!
      What a blessing!

      Every vision born of earth is fleeting;
      Every vision born of heaven is a blessing.

      For people, the sight of Spring warms their hearts;
      For fish, the rhythm of the ocean
      is a blessing.
      The brilliant Sun
      that shines in every heart -
      for the heavens, earth, and all creatures -
      What a blessing!

      The heart can't wait to speak of this ecstasy.
      The soul is kissing the earth saying,
      O God, what a blessing!

      Fill me with the wine of your silence.
      Let it soak my every pore
      For the inner splendor it reveals
      is a blessing,
      is a blessing.

      "A Garden Beyond Paradise: The Mystical Poetry of Rumi,"
      Version by Jonathan Star based on translation by Shahram Shiva
      Bantam Books, 1992

      posted to Allspirit by Abdullah bin John

      "This is your own time.  This spot where you sit is
      your own spot  It is on this very spot and in this
      very moment that you can become enlightened.
      You don't have to sit beneath a special tree in a
      distant land.  Practice like this for a few months,
      and you will begin to know a profound and renewing

      --Thich Nhat Hanh
      From the book  "The Miracle of Mindfulness"
      posted to Daily Dharma

      What the Buddha Taught
      Mindfulness, or awareness, does not mean that you
      should think and be conscious "I am doing this" or "I
      am doing that." No. Just the contrary. The moment
      you think "I am doing this," you become
      self-conscious, and then you do not live in the action,
      but you live in the idea "I am," and consequently
      your work too is spoiled. You should forget yourself
      completely, and lose yourself in what you do. The
      moment a speaker becomes self-conscious and
      thinks "I am addressing an audience," his speech is
      disturbed and his trend of thought broken. But when
      he forgets himself in his speech, in his subject, then
      he is at his best, he speaks well and explains things
      clearly. All great work--artistic, poetic, intellectual
      or spiritual--is produced at those moments when its
      creators are lost completely in their actions, when
      they forget themselves altogether, and are free
      from self-consciousness.
      --Walpola Ruhala
      "In my view things are a bit more complicated."
      Well, that's it, isn't it, Brother?
      We complicate the view with our various notions
      about how it is, obscuring how it actually is with
      layer upon layer of assumptions, beliefs, and images
      which we have somehow convinced ourselves need
      defending or preserving. This is called fixating in the
      stagnant swamp of identity. It is planting our shoes
      in glue.
      In reality, there are many gates but no place to
      tarry, to carve out some little certainty in the midst
      of the unknown, some secret holy house where we
      can be safe. There is no safety in the unknown.
      That's why it frightens us to let go of the past. It's
      why we consent to be bound by it. True freedom has
      nothing to do with core values, because core values
      are simply more transient stories we tell ourselves
      and each other in the midst of the immensity of the
      mystery. They begin and end. All stories do. They
      are impermanent, and so not real. When push comes
      to shove, all that stuff just flies out the window,
      and one finds out that they really just don't know.
      Yikes! The house of cue-cards starts to crumble,
      and the movie director gets very sweaty palms.
      On the other hand, as we become intimate with the
      underlying plot, we can begin to recognize how this
      dreamy sense of independent self is fashioned, the
      script concocted, and how the tender trap of desire
      and attachment is laid. Values come later, after the
      various complicators get their two dimes in, and we
      end up walking around (innocently enough) with
      mucho hearsay in our heads, blindly synching up with
      the perpetual loop of attraction and aversion that
      we come to represent, and on it goes. And on it
      goes. AKA suffering. AKA complication. AKA samsara.
      Yadda yadda . . .
      In reality, things are very simple. There is no
      paradigm for reality. There is only reality. That's it.
      Clear as daylight. Unmistakable. It's you. You are
      the reality you seek! How could it be otherwise?
      Yes, Namaste -- it's all you, yet you are none of it!
      You're not even speakable with words, you're that
      cool! Indeed, why complicate?
      "Truth is simple and open to all. Why do you
      complicate? Truth is loving and lovable. It includes
      all, accepts all, purifies all. It is untruth that is
      difficult and a source of trouble. It always wants,
      expects, demands. Being false, it is empty, always in
      search of confirmation and reassurance. It is afraid
      of and avoids enquiry. It identifies itself with any
      support, however weak and momentary. Whatever it
      gets, it loses and asks for more. Therefore put no
      faith in the conscious. Nothing you can see, feel, or
      think is so. Even sin and virtue, merit and demerit are
      not what they appear. Usually the bad and the good
      are a matter of convention and custom and are
      shunned or welcomed, according to how the words
      are used. "  --Nisargadatta Maharaj
      Bob O'Hearn on GardenMystics