#2852 - Saturday, June 23, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2007

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2852, Saturday, June 23, 2007

      Life is a banquet. And the tragedy is that most people are starving to death. That's what I'm really talking about. There's a nice story about some people who were on a raft off the coast of Brazil perishing from thirst. They had no idea that the water they were floating on was fresh water. The river was coming out into the sea with such force that it went out for a couple of miles, so they had fresh water right there where they were. But they had no idea. In the same way, we're surrounded with joy, with happiness, with love. Most people have no idea of this whatsoever. The reason: They're brainwashed. The reason: They're hypnotized; they're asleep.

      - Anthony DeMello, posted to The_Now2

      What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
      the master calls a butterfly.

      - Richard Bach, posted to The_Now2

      As the river surrenders to the Ocean,
      surrender yourself to the Self, the Source.
      And if you find you are still swimming on
      the surface of the Ocean, stop swimming
      and you will sink to the Depths of Love.

      - Papaji, from The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      To become whole and world unto ourselves does not mean to go to the mind and all its stories of lack in an attempt to clean them up. It 's not a janitorial project. It's not a housecleaning project, it's a departure. It's saying, "Yes, that's very nice, sweetheart, chatter on with your bad advice, I'm going to listen to this inner knowing; this is my new queen." This queen of the heart. And this queen of the heart wants all of you, not just a little bit of you, not just five minutes each day - it wants every bit of you, your whole life. It wants you to be dissolved in that love in every moment. And it 's only a matter of time before you know yourself as this love because this is the truth of what we are and who we are. Our illusions have a shelf life, but this truth is unchanging, always here and beckoning, beating its heartbeat to us - boom, boom. We don't have to improve our self-esteem because the self that would have esteem is a made-up one, and below that self that would have or would not have esteem is this simple alive being that we are, already completely, fully rich and whole.

      To stop and simply explore being and the impulses that rise from it may cause the mind to become impatient: "When are things going to get going?" The mind doesn't want to slow down - it thinks our survival is dependent upon not really being here, but being lost in our overdoing strategies as we head for the promised land. We are beings of such beauty and love. It literally blows the mind when you get a glimpse into it. And this is what the world is asking of you, to live from that essence. To remember that. To put that on the altar of your day. To give your precious minutes to that. Because something beautiful wants to dance you. It's you.

      - Jeannie Zandi, posted to adyashantigroup

      believe me
      i wasn't always like this
      lacking common sense
      or looking insane

      like you
      i used to be clever
      in my days

      never like this
      totally enraptured
      totally gone

      like sharp shooters
      i used to be
      a hunter of hearts

      not like today
      with my own heart
      drowning in its blood

      nonstop asking and
      searching for answers
      that was then

      but now
      so deeply enchanted
      so deeply enthralled

      always pushing
      to be ahead and above
      since i was not yet hunted down
      by this
      ever-increasing love

      - Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 1506, translation by Nader Khalili, Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight