#2846 - Sunday, June 17, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007

      #2846 - Sunday, June 17, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      When you take photographs, just before you click the shutter, your mind is empty and open, just seeing without words. When you stand in front of a blank sheet of paper, about to make a painting or a calligraphy, you have no idea what you will do. Maybe you have some plan for a painting, or you know what symbol you want to calligraph, but you don't actually know what will appear when you put brush to paper.

      What you do out of trust in open mind will be fresh and spontaneous. Opening to first thought is the way to begin any action properly.

      --Jeremy Hayward

      The thinking mind can turn any experience, including the realization that all problems are conceptual, into yet another concept or philosophy. “All is well, all is well, all is well,” like a mantra, thought, lulling itself back to sleep. But awareness is awake and alive. It isn't drawing mental conclusions about the fact that nothing is a problem and then deciding, "Well, I'll just sit on my enlightened butt and revel in the fact that nothing is wrong.”

      We fear that the realization that “all is well” will lead people to not care, to become cold and heartless. But, it is actually the realization of “no problem” that liberates love. This is the very insight that makes true love possible, a love that asks for nothing because nothing is needed.
      --John Astin

      Be Still and Know

      Imagine perceiving the world through Stillness. It's like God looking at his/her/its creation … Ohhhh … Beautiful! And you see there's a goodness present that pervades the entire Universe.
      What is that Presence? -- it's your Presence. There isn't the Presence of God and you. There's only Presence. It's arising from within you.

      And so you know at first hand, not as a belief, that there's a goodness that pervades the entire Universe, a benevolence. And you know it, not as something external to you, but as your very essence. That means that's who you are.
      You are that power, that goodness, that aliveness, that Stillness… beyond that temporary form in which you appear for a flash ... a brief time ... and then it's gone.
      And that's the deeper meaning of the Old Testament saying, 'Be still and know that I am God.' That I am and God are one.

      --Eckhart Tolle
      posted to TheNow_2

      David Spero http://www.davidspero.org

      Shifting the Sun

      When your father dies, say the Irish,
      you lose your umbrella against bad weather.
      May his sun be your light, say the Armenians

      When your father dies, say the Welsh,
      you sink a foot deeper into the earth.
      May you inherit his light, say the Armenians.

      When your father dies, say the Canadians,
      you run out of excuses.
      May you inherit his sun, say the Armenians.

      When your father dies, say the French,
      you become your own father.
      May you stand up in his light, say the Armenians.

      When you father dies, say the Indians,
      he comes back as the thunder.
      May you inherit his light, say the Armenians.

      When your father dies, say the Russians,
      he takes your childhood with him.
      May you inherit his light, say the Armenians.

      When your father dies, say the English,
      you join his club you vowed you wouldn't.
      May you inherit his sun, say the Armenians.

      When your father dies, say the Armenians,
      your sun shifts forever.
      And you walk in his light.

      ~ Diana Der-Hovanessian ~

      (Selected Poems