#2845 - Saturday, June 16, 2007

  • markwotter704
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2007

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2845, Saturday, June 16, 2007

      We all came into this world gifted with innocence,
      but gradually, as we became more intelligent, we lost our innocence.

      We were born with silence,
      and as we grew up we lost the silence and were filled with words.

      We lived in our hearts,
      and as time passed we moved into our heads.

      Now the reversal of this journey is enlightenment.
      It is the journey from the head back to the heart,
      from words back to silence;
      getting back to our innocence in spite of our intelligence.

      Although very simple, this is a great achievement.

      - Eckhart Tolle, posted to SufiMystic

      NEITHER IS RENUNCIATION THE SOLUTION

      Anytime you're practicing renunciation, you're deluded. How about that! You're deluded. What are you renouncing? Anytime you renounce something, you are tied forever to the thing you renounce. There's a guru in India who says, "Every time a prostitute comes to me, she's talking about nothing but God. She says I'm sick of this life that I'm living. I want God. But every time a priest comes to me he's talking about nothing but sex." Very well, when you renounce something, you're stuck to it forever. When you fight something, you're tied to it forever. As long as you're fighting it, you are giving it power. You give it as much power as you are using to fight it.

      This includes communism and everything else. So you must "receive" your demons, because when you fight them, you empower them. Has nobody ever told you this? When you renounce something, you're tied to it. The only way to get out of this is to see through it. Don't renounce it, SEE THROUGH IT. Understand its true value and you won't need to renounce it; it will just drop from your hands. But of course, if you don't see that, if you're hypnotized into thinking that you won't be happy without this, that, or the other thing, you're stuck. What we need to do for you is not what so-called spirituality attempts to do --namely, to get you to make sacrifices, to renounce things. That's useless. You're still asleep. What we need to do is to help you understand, understand, understand. If you understood, you'd simply drop the desire for it. This is another way of saying: If you woke up, you'd simply drop the desire for it.

      - Anthony De Mello, posted to The_Now2

      The Sense of Separation

      "Rise above the separate self." "Transcend the ego." When we listen to such statements, what usually happens is that we enter into a kind of subtle (or not so subtle) struggle with this sense of separation. We resist the "I," wish it wasn't there, try to make it go away. But any attempt to make the separate self-sense disappear, simply reinforces the very thing we're trying to free ourselves from. It's analogous to meditation where our efforts to try and quiet the thinking process merely serve to create more waves. The thought, "There shouldn't be thought," is simply more thinking. Thought fighting thought. The result? More waves.

      So it is with our relationship to the self, this sense of there being a personal "I." Our resistance to it simply reinforces the illusion that there is actually something there (a self) to be gotten rid of. Struggling with the sense of "I" only creates more separation, more division.

      The paradox is that only through our absolute acceptance of the separate self-sense will we wake up from the dream of separation.

      John Astin, posted to The_Now2

      Blink...

      If
      we could
      truly
      perceive
      the present moment
      as
      being perfect,
      it would be unnecessary
      to do
      as little
      as to even
      blink,
      in order
      to have
      the experience
      of
      perpetual intense joy
      and
      infinite contentment...

      In Light and Encouragement, ARIAL. posted to Mystic_Spirit

      Such bliss is a gift of spirit to be used with care to benefit All life and is gained only through the open heart.

      With unity of soul purpose comes resurrection and eternal life. You can achieve anything, even the divine self as the door to time's eternal secrets opens.

      - from a deck of Tarot cards, posted to AdyashantiGroup

      And once you have started listening, you will be able to listen to the
      sound of running water, to the wind passing through the pine trees.
      You will be able to listen to the music of silence in the dark night, to the
      music of the birds in the early morning. You will start listening to so
      many things that you will be in a state of immense amazement that this
      world was available to you --and so close--but you were not available to
      this world...."

      - Osho, posted to DailyDharma

      Those who don't feel this Love
      pulling them like a river,
      those who don't drink dawn
      like a cup of spring water
      or take in sunset like supper,
      those who don't want to change,

      let them sleep.

      This Love is beyond the study of theology,
      that old trickery and hypocrisy.
      I you want to improve your mind that way,

      sleep on.

      I've given up on my brain.
      I've torn the cloth to shreds
      and thrown it away.

      If you're not completely naked,
      wrap your beautiful robe of words
      around you,

      and sleep.

      - Rumi, Ode 314 from Like This, Coleman Barks