#2838 - Saturday, June 9, 2007

  • Mark Otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2007
      Archived issues of the NDHighlights are available
      online: http://nonduality.com/hlhome.htm

      Nondual Highlights: Issue #2838, Saturday, June 9,
      2007

      Even though I have a long way to go,
      let me put remorse away,
      step by step in precious patience.

      Even though I reach for the Milky Way,
      and not succeed,
      let me put away a remorse that is beyond knowledge.

      Again, let my hands and feet return to work.
      Even if it is a lonely trail,
      the earth and the sky are looking after me.
      From the start, leaving behind the habit of resting on
      someone,
      let me walk like a herd boy climbing the mountains.

      -Kyunghoon Sunim, from Living Peace, published by Iris
      International, posted to DailyDharma

      Your task is not to seek love,
      but merely seek and find all the barriers within
      yourself
      you have built against it.

      - Rumi, posted to The_Now2

      Learn to look without imagination, to listen
      without distortion: that is all. Stop attributing
      names and shapes to the essentially nameless
      and formless, realize that every mode of perception
      is subjective, that what is seen or heard, touched
      or smelt, felt or thought, expected or imagined, is
      in the mind and not in reality, and you will
      experience peace and freedom from fear.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That: Talks with Sri
      Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      If a man's mind becomes pure,
      his surroundings will also become pure.

      - The Buddha, posted to The_Now2

      There is a light that shines beyond all things on
      earth,
      beyond us all, beyond the heavens, beyond the highest,

      the very highest heavens.

      This is the Light that shines in our heart.

      - Chandogya Upanishad, posted to The_Now2

      The very best and utmost of attainment in this life is
      TO REMAIN STILL and let God act and speak in thee.

      - Meister Eckhart

      Come home yourself!
      Come back to your senses! Do you hear that bird sing?
      How can you hear the song and not hear the singer?
      How can you see the wave and not see the ocean?
      How can you see the dance and not see the dancer?

      - Anthony DeMello

      8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time