#2828 - Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      #2828 - Wednesday, May 30, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      One: Essential Writings on Nonduality http://nonduality.com/one.htm

      Nondual Highlights

      My Child,
      You may read or discuss scripture
      As much as you like.

      But until you forget everything,
      You will never live in your heart.

      -Ashtavakra Gita 16:1

      From "The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita," by Thomas Byrom, 1990.

      The delusion which mistakes the unreal for the Real
      Is the genesis of woeful births.

      For those of undimmed perception, free from delusion,
      Darkness departs and rapture rushes in.

      To those who have dispelled all doubt and perceive Truth,
      Heaven is nearer than earth.

      -Tirukkural, 36:351-53

      Excerpted from the Tirukkural, translated by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami.

      Light

      By Allama Prabhu
      (12th Century)

      English version by A. K. Ramanujan

      Light
      devoured darkness.

      I was alone
      inside.

      Shedding
      the visible dark

      was Your target

      O Lord of Caves.

       -- from Speaking of Siva, by A K Ramanujan

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      Alan Larus Photos:

      Light, my light, the world-filling light,
      the eye-kissing light,
      heart-sweetening light!

      Ah, the light dances, my darling, at the center of my life;
      the light strikes, my darling, the chords of my love;
      the sky opens, the wind runs wild, laughter passes over the earth.

      The butterflies spread their sails on the sea of light.
      Lilies and jasmines surge up on the crest of the waves of light.

      The light is shattered into gold on every cloud, my darling,
      and it scatters gems in profusion.

      Mirth spreads from leaf to leaf, my darling,
      and gladness without measure.
      The heaven's river has drowned its banks
      and the flood of joy is abroad.

      Tagore

      "...The inner secret, that which was never born,
      you are that freshness, and I am with you now.

      I can't explain the goings,
      or the comings. You enter suddenly,

      and I am nowhere again.
      Inside the majesty."