#2823 - Friday, May 25, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2007
      #2823 - Friday, May 25, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      One: Essential Writings on Nonduality: http://nonduality.com/one.htm

      Photo of Paris Hilton after shopping. Or is it Paris Hilton after PhotoShop? This gives new meaning to her tv show, The Simple Life. Okay, we want to see the Paris and Eckhart sex tapes, like right now. On second thought, I don't think so. Hey look, Paris is holding another book right behind The Power of Now. I can barely make out the title but I think it relates to Paris's prison sentence: it's called The Power of Edna. Yeah, it sure looks like Paris has replaced her chihuahua with a copy of The Power of Now. Who knows? Next time we may see her carrying Eckhart Tolle in the crook of her right arm.

      photo of book cover of Black Buddha: Changing the Face of American Buddhism

      Why they come, leave, or stay . . .
      A must read for all of us:
      http://www.rainbowdharma.com/books.html#BlackBuddha
      (PDF Download Available)

      Feel free to distribute widely

      "Rangdrol’s Rainbowdharma was created to be a tool of intentional inclusion in American Buddhism."  Pluralism Project at Harvard University, August 2006

      "I wish you the best in your mission." Jeff Hitchcock, Executive Director Center for the Study of White American Culture

      Rainbowdharma.com was established to provide a welcoming environment for Buddhist people of color and to promote Buddhist approaches to racial, religious, and economic healing."
      Vassar College.

      Being a Buddhist woman of color living in Maine, I hunger for information about these issues."
      June Thornton-Marsh, LCSW Multicultural Counselor.

      I am here for one reason: to wake up.

      This leads to a very simple life where one sees more and more clearly
      that less is more.

      When disaster strikes, the structure blows up or away, but what is
      left is space. Not my space but His Space.

      Humility is born in these against-our-will testings. The anger and
      rage are seen for what they are: useless.

      What is left is silent space in which the universe is seen to blossom
      within.

      The mystery shall never speak but demonstrate in a mysterious way for
      those who are waiting and watching.

      There is a smile not visible on the physical face.

      It is the smile of the bodhisattva.

      Peace.

      Vicki Woodyard
      http://www.bobwoodyard.com/speaking.html

      Thank you Vicki,

      For bringing the Universal Heart (for me personally, the Heart of the
      Mother) into this discussion.  I often feel too many who wish to
      awaken do not wish to tread near this "heart" for fear of the
      pain-of-separation it might evoke.  The smile of the bodhisattva
      dissolves that fear, and all other illusions of the mind.  The heart
      of awareness beats each time one's own heart beats, and does not judge
      if the blood coursing from one's heart nourishes a mind that ignores
      the heart.  But if the mind can but for a moment bow to its heart, oh
      what a wonder is revealed!

      Namaste,
      ashoka

      Hi Vicki,

      I wrote this early this morning, just getting out of bed.  I feel echoes of your piece "I am here..." in it:

      Perhaps what I fear most right now is that one day I will by lying on my death bed feeling I have wasted my life...full of that regret.  Or perhaps what I fear most is stepping out of the mold of the easy...the expected.   Perhaps I fear where that would take me.  It is no longer about what God expects of me, for I believe if God exists, then God does not expect anything more than the living, breathing moment as it is.  God inhabits the moment.  God is my life, my living, in this moment.  It is I who seem to have expectations...as if I am separate from that...as if God is not moving my pen across this page.  It makes no sense...and it can't.  God is too big for making sense.  But that does not answer what to do with fear and expectation.  That does not answer how to live...for one must live.  No, no...it is not a matter of "how", is it?  It is occurring...It is happening.  But what blocks longing from meeting its completion?  I make no sense anymore.  What block?  Oh, silly child, what block keeps you from being what you already are?  What is it you are looking for that you do not have?  Youth?  A chance to start over?  A chance to do it right this time?  God is bigger than that, too.  How do you know all of what you are?  How do you know how the story is supposed to turn out?  How do you know all the possibilities with which the Universe plays?  Listen to the river of your longing to be free.  Listen...and know the river exists within...flows within...a bigger context.  Limitation is a story the mind tells itself.  Seeking a way out is a game.  It's set up that way.  It's supposed to be that way.  It's what Life does, when it it's doing that.  So what do you do with your life?  Listen.  Listen to the depths.  The answer exists always within the question...and it is happening.  Pay attention.  You are here as a witness.  So witness.  Observe.  Behold what small portion of the glory of God you are able.  Be grateful.  Don't you enjoy being grateful?  Go with what you enjoy.  Follow your heart.  Don't strain your heart to be what it is not, but let it take the lead.  You will find it enough.  When you feel like you're forgetting, or that you've forgotten...just know that's the way it is sometimes, too.  Perfection is written by an Author greater than your understanding.  Return as the prodigal, wayward child...in humility.  There is nothing wrong with a little humility.  Accept yourself back into the Heart you never left.

      Love,

      Aly