#2812 - Sunday, May 13, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2007
      #2812 - Sunday, May 13, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee
      One: Essential Writings on Nonduality: http://nonduality.com/one.htm

      'People shed bucketfuls of tears for their near and dear ones, but how many cry for God?'

      --Sri Ramakrishna
      Ben Hassine to AwakenedAwareness

                    for my mother

      Just when it has seemed I couldn't bear
         one more friend
      waking with a tumor, one more maniac

      with a perfect reason, often a sweetness
         has come
      and changed nothing in the world

      except the way I stumbled through it,
         for a while lost
      in the ignorance of loving

      someone or something, the world shrunk
         to mouth-size,
      hand-size, and never seeming small.

      I acknowledge there is no sweetness
         that doesn't leave a stain,
      no sweetness that's ever sufficiently sweet. ...

      Tonight a friend called to say his lover
         was killed in a car
      he was driving. His voice was low

      and guttural, he repeated what he needed
         to repeat, and I repeated
      the one or two words we have for such grief

      until we were speaking only in tones.
         Often a sweetness comes
      as if on loan, stays just long enough

      to make sense of what it means to be alive,
         then returns to its dark
      source. As for me, I don't care

      where it's been, or what bitter road
         it's traveled
      to come so far, to taste so good.
      Stephen Dunn, from New and Selected Poems 1974-1994

      Theotokos  for Mother's Day from Ben Hassine

      So be true to life by being true to your inner purpose.  As you become present and thereby total in what you do, your actions become charged with spiritual power.  At first there may be no noticeable change in what you do--only the how changes.  Your primary purpose is now to enable consciousness to flow into what you do.  The secondary purpose is whatever you want to achieve through the doing.  Whereas the notion of purpose before was always associated with future, there is now a deeper purpose that can only be found in the present, through the denial of time.

      and a different passage:

      As you already know, your secondary or outer purpose lies within the dimension of time, while your main purpose is inseparable from the Now and therefore requires the negation of time.   How are they reconciled?  By realizing that your entire life journey ultimately consists of the step you are taking at this moment.  there is always only this one step, and and so you give it your fullest attention. This doesn't mean you don't know where you are going, it just means the step is primary, the destination secondary.  And what you encounter at your destination once you get there depends on the quality of this one step.  Another way of putting it:   What the future holds for your depends on your state of consciousness now.
       ~ Eckhart Tolle

      "I can find only three kinds of business in the universe: mine, yours, and God's.  (For me, the word God means "reality."  Reality is God, because it rules.  Anything that's out of my control, your control, and everyone else's control – I call that God's business.)

      Much of our stress comes from mentally living out of our own business.  When I think, "You need to get a job, I want you to be happy, you should be on time, you need to take better care of yourself," I am in your business.  When I'm worried about earthquakes, floods, war, or when I will die, I am in God's business.  If I am mentally in your business or in God's business, the effect is separation.  Being mentally in your business keeps me from being present in my own.  To think that I know what's best for anyone else is to be out of my business and is the cause of stress, anxiety and fear.

      If you understand the three kinds of business enough to stay in your own business, it could free your life in a way that you can't even imagine.  The next time you're feeling stress, ask yourself whose business you're in mentally, and you may burst out laughing!"

      ~ Byron Katie

      Loving What Is

      Paul Cezanne  on YouTube