#2808 - Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, May 7-8-9, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      #2808 - Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, May 7-8-9, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz
      One: Essential Writings on Nonduality: http://nonduality.com/one.htm

      This is a GIANT three-day issue. Some really nice things in here. Thanks to all the gifted contributors ... and readers!

      And The Soul Moves
      Vicki Woodyard
      The soul moves and the ego has to follow. Christ moved and Jesus had
      to follow; that is the crucifixion road for the ego. It never wants to
      go,  but if it was in the lead, nothing meaningful would ever happen.
      I remember when my ego tried to wiggle out of its promises to take
      care of a dying husband. It was so tired and angry and broken. It only
      wanted someone to care for it, to say "there, there." It didn't happen
      that way until the very end and it was soul that spoke to me.

      Soul is still speaking and darned if it doesn't speak in silence. It
      has no words with which to motivate me; it has no physical eyes to
      penetrate my thick defenses. No, it manages to push me off cliffs of
      courage that I would never set one foot upon. It is that determined to
      break the mold called "me." So far it has not succeeded. But soul
      never gives up. It calls to us in the dead of winter, when the blinds
      are drawn and blankets muffle our shivering bones. "Draw back," the
      ego calls, "draw back. Something awesome is upon us."

      The spiritual journey is into the desert and into the tiger's mouth of
      the absolute. The partial does no good when life and death hang in the
      balance. It is one or the other; take your choice. And no one cares or
      sees that you are being called to take up your cross. It doesn't
      matter; you must go. The ego's fifteen minutes will soon be up.

      And then the silence fructifies not crucifies. The desert in blossom
      is the soul being raised the third day. Not into fame but into
      glory...not into high noon but into the timeless.  Not into fortune
      but into love. Everything you have ever done in your life is consumed
      in the firepit of compassion...forgotten and hallowed, forgiven and
      consoled. This I have heard. And yet the soul that moves the ego into
      death is not proud but determined. It will have its way. And the soul
      moves and the ego is no  more.

      Vicki Woodyard

      Peter Fenner's Radiant Mind:

      Several videos with Peter Fenner on YouTube. Here is one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rSWd-R1117s

      I hear Radiant Mind is a very good program that lasts nine months in its formal aspect. The people that go through the course stay in touch afterward. There is also a teacher's training program for Radiant Mind graduates. There is a three day introduction to Radiant Mind in Montclair, New Jersey (near NYC) next weekend. Details below:

      with Michael Shandler

      In order to give people an opportunity to experience the core principles and practices of Radiant Mind we have designed a THREE DAY INTRODUCTION TO RADIANT MIND.

      The INTRODUCTION TO RADIANT MIND workshop explores the experience of intrinsic freedom: the state in which we are aware, relaxed and able to fully embrace all experiences, emotions and thoughts without distortion or the need to escape them. Themes will include:

      • Bridging the Conditioned and Unconditioned Mind.
      • Simply Sitting: the Art of Natural Meditation.
      • Non-dual Contemplation: Sitting in Presence, favoring neither speech nor silence.
      • Understanding Core Fixations and Primary Biases: How we distort experience and perpetuate suffering.
      • Expanding the Preference Bandwidth.
      • Deconstructive Conversations and Meditative Inquiry

      “I wholeheartedly recommend these workshops to you. In these workshops, Michael Shandler will lead you directly into the experience of Radiant Mind and offer you opportunities to directly explore several key principles and practices of the 9 month Radiant Mind Course.” P
      eter Fenner

      Fees: $300 USD

      - Montclair, New Jersey May 18 - 20, 2007

      The workshop is limited to 15 students. In order to reserve your spot, please send a
      deposit of $150 to The Yoga and Meditaton Center of Montclair, 9 Patton Pl., Montclair, NJ 07043. Questions? Call 973-746-6707. For more information and registration details click here

      It was a jealous God who split us

      in two,

      cast out

      like unknown shores and intimate skies

      dark with clouds,

      thick with the music of Thunder,

      the crescendo of human bodies

      softly sleeping

      under an Acacia tree,

      we thirst

      we are hungry,

      we are pregnant with Silence.

      -Anna Ruiz

       [You are the love you seek.] Advaita is the Sanskrit word for non-dual. Dance with the paradox! Many wicks ~ ONE flame.
      Entries: 1 - 5 of 8 First | < Prev | Next > | Last
      Entry for May 8, 2007
      Hot Springs

      "Vashisht, India is famous for its hot sulfur springs. Inside the grounds of the Vasistha Temple there are two hot spring pools that are free. They can get a bit dirty.

      There are also clean hot springs at the Hot Bath Complex about a ten-minute walk from the downtown, going towards Manali. There are private baths here for Rs 35 a person for 30 minutes. The springs are supposed to have good health benefits, and they certainly feel good. Open 7 am to 1 pm and 2 to 9 pm."

      The above is the "after" the bath snap..."before" was not so pretty! All I can say is that after a week of train, bus and autorickshaw rides; hotels that promised hot water, only to offer a bucket full, this abundant use of water almost seemed obscene...almost! Being led to the feet of Vashista Rishi in 1988 has come full circle at the feet of Shri Anandi Ma this past March. Ma is the lineage holder of shaktipat given to Lord Rama by his Guru, Vashista Rishi. www.dyc.org

      Crow spoke to me this morning

      May your fields be blessed

      and bountiful

      May your home be bright

      and free of darkness

      May your body be bright

      and full of life

      The leaf falls

      Does that make the tree

      less than it is

      So shall you drop many

      bodies on your way

      You are never less than you are — Infinite possibility.

      Spent Sunday at a wonderful Peace Powwow in San Juan Bautista, CA. Still under the influence of the drums and beings encountered!

      AMMA is coming to San Ramon, CA ashram June 5, 2007. Visit www.amma.org for Her schedule.

      SRI SRI RAVI SHANKAR will be in Pomona, CA for Guru Purnima July 22-29, 2007. Visit www.artofliving.org for all the details.

      anabebe57 sends the following:
      Forwarded from ChristianDruids group:

      What a great story...

      Wandering Around an Albuquerque Airport Terminal

      by Naomi Shihab Nye

      After learning my flight was detained 4 hours, I heard the announcement: If anyone in the vicinity
      of gate 4-A understands any Arabic, Please come to the gate immediately.
      Well -- one pauses these days. Gate 4-A was my own gate. I went there. An older woman in full
      traditional Palestinian dress, just like my grandma wore, was crumpled to the floor, wailing
      loudly. Help, said the flight service person. Talk to her. What is her problem? We told her the
      flight was going to be four hours late and she did this.
      I put my arm around her and spoke to her haltingly. Shu dow-a, shu- biduck habibti, stani stani
      schway, min fadlick, Sho bit se-wee?
      The minute she heard any words she knew -- however poorly used - She stopped crying.
      She thought our flight had been cancelled entirely. She needed to be in El Paso for some major
      medical treatment the following day. I said no, no, we're fine, you'll get there, just late.
      Who is picking you up? Let's call him and tell him. We called her son and I spoke with him in
      English. I told him I would stay with his mother till we got on the plane and would ride next to
      her -- Southwest.
      She talked to him. Then we called her other sons just for the fun of it.
      Then we called my dad and he and she spoke for a while in Arabic and found out of course they had
      ten shared friends.
      Then I thought just for the heck of it why not call some Palestinian Poets I know and let them chat
      with her. This all took up about 2 hours.
      She was laughing a lot by then. Telling about her life. Answering Questions.
      She had pulled a sack of homemade mamool cookies -- little powdered sugar crumbly mounds stuffed
      with dates and nuts -- out of her bag -- and was offering them to all the women at the gate.
      To my amazement, not a single woman declined one. It was like a Sacrament. The traveler from
      Argentina, the traveler from California, The lovely woman from Laredo -- we were all covered with
      the same Powdered Sugar. And smiling. There is no better cookie.
      And then the airline broke out the free beverages from huge coolers -- non-alcoholic -- and the two
      little girls for our flight, one African American, one Mexican American -- ran around serving us
      all apple juice and lemonade and they were covered with powdered sugar too.
      And I noticed my new best friend -- by now we were holding hands -- had a potted plant poking out
      of her bag, some medicinal thing w
      ith green furry leaves. Such an old country traveling tradition. Always carry a plant. Always stay rooted to somewhere.
      And I looked around that gate of late and weary ones and thought, This is the world I want to live
      in. The shared world.
      Not a single person in this gate -- once the crying of confusion stopped -- has seemed apprehensive
      about any other person.
      They took the cookies. I wanted to hug all those other women too. This can still happen anywhere.
      Not everything is lost.