#2801 - Saturday, April 28, 2007

  • Mark Otter
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2007

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2801, Saturday, April 28, 2007

      People are so absorbed in chasing what they consider to be happiness that they do not have either the time or the inclination to stop and wonder if the kind of happiness they imagine is even worth having.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, from A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      Deepen and broaden your awareness of yourself and all the blessings will flow. You need not seek anything, all will come to you most naturally and effortlessly.

      - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to Adyashantigroup

      A gentleman from Bombay said: "I asked Mother in Sri Aurobindo Ashram the following question: 'I keep my mind blank without thoughts arising so that God might show Himself in His true Being. But I do not perceive anything. "The reply was to this effect: 'The attitude is right. The Power will come down from above. It is a direct experience'." So he asked what further he should do.

      Maharshi: Be what you are. There is nothing to come down or become manifest. All that is needful is to lose the ego, That which is, is always there. Even now you are That. You are not apart from it. The blank is seen by you. You are there to see the blank. What do you wait for? The thought "I have not seen," the expectation to see and the desire of getting something, are all the working of the ego. You have fallen into the snares of the ego. The ego says all these and not you. Be yourself and nothing more!

      - Ramana Maharshi, from Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi, posted to Nisargadatta

      Running...

      Most of us
      are,
      either running
      from our past
      or,
      are chasing
      our future...
      And:
      if we would
      simply,
      stand still,
      we would find
      that
      the present moment
      provides
      the perpetual perfection
      that
      we were
      striving to embrace...

      - Arial, posted to Mystic_spirit

      Your duty is to be and not to be this or that. 'I am that I am' sums up the whole truth. The method is summed up in the words 'Be still'. What does stillness mean? It means destroy yourself. Because any form or shape is the cause for trouble. Give up the notion that 'I am so and so'. All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than that?

      - Ramana Maharshi, from Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi, edited by David Godman, posted to AlongTheWay

      The whole world
      is word bound -
      nobody gets past words;

      but resist words,
      and you'll get
      past words.

      Sahara, from Tantric Treasures, posted to DailyDharma

      Sometimes You Walk Through Me

      Sometimes
      You
      walk through me