#2796 - Sunday, April 22, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 2:30 PM

      #2796 - Sunday, April 22, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

           "Although the wind
            blows terribly here,
            the moonlight also leaks
            between the roof planks
            of this ruined house."
                --Izumi Shikibu (Japan, 974?-1034?)

      "The moon in Japanese poetry is always the moon;
      often it is also the image of Buddhist awakening.
      This poem reminds that if a house is walled so
      tightly that it lets in no wind or rain, if a life is
      walled so tightly that it lets in no pain, grief, anger,
      or longing, it will also be closed to the entrance of
      what is most wanted."
      --Jane Hirshfield

      From the Book, "Nine Gates," published by Harper Perennial
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060929480/angelinc
      posted to Daily Dharma

      It is crucial to know when it is appropriate
      to withdraw our attention from things that
      disturb our mind. However, if the only way
      we know how to deal with certain objects
      is to avoid them, there will be a severe
      limit as to how far our spiritual practice
      can take us.

      --Lama Thubten Yeshe

      "'The Dharma in which nothing can be obtained'
      means that it is not possible to possess anything.
      We can not step outside to take hold of it. We
      already contain everything. To possess something,
      to obtain something, means to separate oneself
      from something. From the point of view of
      realization, everything is unobtainable, including the
      Buddha Way. That is why we chant in the Four
      Great Bodhisattva Vows, `The Buddha Way is
      unattainable. I vow to attain it.' We already are
      the Buddha Way. All of our machinations, grabbing,
      controlling, and dominating; all of our squabbling
      and struggling to get, to hoard, to take, is an
      upside-down way of understanding the nature of
      the universe and the nature of the self. Be giving.
      Do not steal."
      --John Daido Loori

      From the book; "The Heart of Being," published by Tuttle.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/000712032X/angelinc
      posted to Daily Dharma

      The greatest art in spiritual life is finding balance.
      The entire teachings of the Buddha are summed up
      in his encouragement to find and travel the middle
      path. To seek neither the extremes of
      mortification and aversion for life, nor the
      extreme of indulgence, losing ourselves in
      pleasure-seeking. The balance between these two
      is the path of awakening and freedom. The path of
      balance is to be with what is true in life and to love
      that, to be committed to the truth on every level
      of our being.

      --Christina Feldman and Jack Kornfield,
      Stories of the Spirit, Stories of the Heart

      For My Father

      Bob and Dad 1998 Longwood Gardens Delaware 2

      LoveAlways

      photo by Bob O'Hearn

      Greetings, Friends!

      Rather than posting a lot of links, I thought to share the latest
      works this way, since there's been so many new shots, now that the
      garden is coming back to life from winter slumbers --

      there's been a lot of work recently on this gallery especially:

      http://www.pbase.com/1heart/spirit

      It's been split into two sub-galleries, Stories (which are series),
      and Words. In Words in particular, there are a number of new entries
      throughout, especially on the first and last of the five current
      pages.
      Many of the other sub-albums have also gotten new additions, and the
      newest can usually be found at the end or bottom of the albums. To
      view recent works, go to:

      http://www.pbase.com/1heart/root&view=recent

      They link the sub-albums where new pics were added (by date).

      Happy Browsing!

      LoveAlways