#2792 - Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2007
       #2792 - Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Both audio and video presentations are available.
      Ben Hassine posted to AwakenedAwareness

      The way to You

      By Hakim Sanai
      (1044? - 1150?)

      English version by Priya Hemenway

      The way to You
      lies clearly in my heart
      and cannot be seen or known to the mind.
      As my words turn to silence,
      Your sweetness surrounds me.

      "We buy a home for our children, for our bodies;
      we get a garage for our car; we have dog houses
      for our dogs; but we won't give the mind a home.
      And we treat it like an outcast. We shame it and
      blame it and shame it again. But if you let the mind
      ask its questions, then the heart will rise with the
      answer. And "rising" is just a metaphor. The heart
      will reveal the answer, and the mind can finally
      rest at home in the heart and come to see that it
      and the heart are one. That's what these four
      questions are about"

      --Byron Katie

      posted to The_Now2

      What is at the center of your mandala?

      "A very long time ago, I heard a teaching by a
      Tibetan teacher. He asked, `What is at the center
      of your mandala, the center of your personal
      mandala?' This teacher used this mandala image
      for everyday life, saying that whatever is at the
      center of your life mandala will decide how your
      whole life goes:

      'If career is at the center of your mandala, then
      everything you do is going to be influenced by your
      wanting to get ahead with your career. If family life
      is at the center of your mandala, then everything
      you do is going to revolve around that - the way
      you spend your energy, your actions, and your
      words, everything. Somehow that will be the focus
      of your life, or the most important thing.'

      For a dharma practitioner, your desire to attain
      enlightenment is at the center of the mandala. So
      your family life becomes the path to enlightenment,
      your career becomes the path to enlightenment,
      your schooling becomes the path to attaining
      enlightenment. These things are not in
      contradiction because we get up in the morning,
      we live our day, and go to sleep at night. The
      question is, is that day a path to enlightenment or
      is it just a regular samsaric day? If you are clear
      about what your intention or commitment is, it's
      like watering positive karmic seeds."

      --Pema Chodron

      From "Buddhadharma" magazine, Spring 2007
      posted to Daily Dharma

      "The clear bead at the center
      changes everything.  There are

      no edges to my loving now.
      You've heard it said there's

      A window that opens from one
      mind to another, but if there's

      No wall, there's no need for
      fitting the window, or a latch."

      --Rumi

      Rumi echo's yesterdays quote - "What's at the center of your Mandala?"
      The clear bead at the center of our lives makes all the difference.

      From the book: "The Soul of Rumi"
      posted to Daily Dharma

      Liviu Librescu, 76, was a Holocaust survivor who, his son said, will be remembered as a hero. He "blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee," Joe Librescu told the AP. "Students started opening windows and jumping out." The elder Librescu, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told the AP. He was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania. That day he gave his life to save others was Holocaust Remembrance Day.

      To my granddaughters who visited the Holocaust
      Museum on the day of the burial of Yitzhak Rabin

      Now you know the worst
      we humans have to know
      about ourselves, and I am sorry,

      for I know that you will be afraid.
      To those of our bodies given
      without pity to be burned, I know

      there is no answer
      but loving one another,
      even our enemies, and this is hard.

      But remember:
      when a man of war becomes a man of peace,
      he give a light, divine

      though it is also human.
      When a man of peace is killed
      by a man of war, he gives a light.