#2789 - Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2007
      #2789 - Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      This We Have Now

      This we have now
      is not imagination.

      This is not
      grief or joy.

      Not a judging state,
      or an elation,
      or sadness.

      Those come and go.
      This is the presence that doesn't.

      ~ Rumi

      Mazie Lane to Garden Mystics

      "The Way exists but not the traveler on it."

      Only the walker who sets out toward ultimate things
      is a pilgrim. In this lies the terrible difference between
      tourist and pilgrim. The tourist travels just as far,
      sometimes with great zeal and courage, gathering up
      acquisitions (a string of adventures, a wondrous tale
      or two) and returns the same person as the one who
      departed. There is something inexpressibly sad in the
      clutter of belongings the tourist unpacks back at
      home.

      The pilgrim is different. The pilgrim resolves that the
      one who returns will not be the same person as the
      one who set out. Pilgrimage is a passage for the
      reckless and subtle. The pilgrim--and the metaphor
      comes to us from distant times--must be prepared to
      shed the husk of personality or even the body like a
      worn out coat.

      A Buddhist dictum has it that "the Way exists but not
      the traveler on it." For the pilgrim the road is home;
      reaching your destination seems nearly
      inconsequential.

      --Andrew Schelling, Meeting the Buddha,
      edited by Molly Emma Aitken

      I will benefit all beings

      Before we do anything, we should always ask
      ourselves whether we will be able to do it properly
      and complete it. If the answer is no, we should not
      start. Leaving tasks uncompleted creates a habit for
      the future. So once we have begun something, we
      should be sure not to go back on our decision.
      Self-confidence is not to be confused with pride.
      Pride is thinking highly of oneself without good
      reason. Self-confidence is knowing that one has the
      ability to do something properly and being determined
      not to give up.

      Ordinary beings are prepared to make a good deal of
      effort for relatively insignificant ends. We have
      promised to work for the immensely more important
      goal of liberating all beings, so we should cultivate
      great self-confidence, thinking, Even if I am the only
      one to do so, I will benefit all beings.

      --The Dalai Lama,
      A Flash of Lightning in the Dark of Night

      The divine manifestation is ubiquitous,
         Only our eyes are not open to it. . . .
      Awe is what moves us forward. . . .

      Live from your own center. . . .
      The divine lives within you.
      The separateness apparent in the world is secondary.
      Beyond the world of opposites is an unseen,
      but experienced, unity and identity in us all.

      Today the planet is the only proper “in group.”
      Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world.
      We cannot cure the world of sorrows,
      but we can choose to live in joy.

      You must return with the bliss and integrate it.
          The return is seeing the radiance is everywhere.
      The world is a match for us.
      We are a match for the world.
      The spirit is the bouquet of nature. . . .

      Sanctify the place you are in.
      Follow your bliss. . . .

      ~ Joseph Campbell ~