#2778 - Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 11:43 AM

      #2778 - Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      ONE: Essential Writings on Nonduality

      Edited by Jerry Katz

      Truly destined to become a classic.
      Review by Gloria Lee

      It would be hard to find a more sure-footed guide into the territory of nonduality. Not only is the book clear enough to serve as an introduction, but those already familiar with nondual writings will find it offers fresh insights into the timeless sources, as nondual voices from various religious traditions reflect a shared understanding. When someone with such a broad knowledge selects the more outstanding passages, you can be sure they are worthy of your attention. In his own words," This book contains both the worthwhile and the impossible." Examples of the more radical nondual perspectives appear, and yet the book never loses touch with that very human desire for truth. Jerry Katz has a mission to make nonduality available and relevant to the regular people on the street, so he also includes contemporary writers. Nonduality is showing up in some surprising ways in today's culture, as seen by examples from education, art, pschotherapy, and the movies.

      This is living truth, and you will be inspired to take up the challenge of living it yourself. What is this inquiry into our true nature or reality, and how is it relevant to your life now? I especially like how the questions most readers might already be asking are used to provide continuity and bring the focus back to just how all this matters to us. Because Jerry Katz has the sort of inclusive vision that simply wants others to see, too. Reading this small book is a gigantic gift, as you will discover with every minute of unwrapping it.

      "As we read these accounts of nondual perspective, over and over again we will find accord with the practice of inquiry and surrender prescribed by Sri Ramana Maharshi. These perspectives are various ways of confessing or calling for a turn toward awareness, Self, God, our unbounded nature. That turning is the job of one who desires nonduality."

      Other reviews and book excerpts may be read on the website, found at www.nonduality.com

      Always say "yes" to the present moment.
      Surrender to what is.
      Say "yes" to life -
      and see how life suddenly starts working
      for you rather than against you.

      - Eckhart Tolle

      Rest 1.jpg

      Rest 2.jpg