#2769 - Sunday, March 25, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007

      #2769 - Sunday, March 25, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      "Let your love flow outward through the universe,
       To its height, its depth, its broad extent,
       A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.
       Then as you stand or walk,
       Sit or lie down,
       As long as you are awake,
       Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;
       Your life will bring heaven to earth."

                   --Sutta Nipata
      Daily Dharma

      Bleeding Hearts 1.jpg

      That we know this awareness exists means only that
      we have an idea of awareness. We do not see that
      awareness as itself an object, nor can we ever do so.
      If we are to know the awareness by itself, first we
      would have to drop knowing its objects, its reflections
      in thought, including the ego-thought, and then be it,
      not see it.

      — Notebooks Category 21: Mentalism > Chapter 5: The
      Key To the Spiritual World > # 168

      Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      4.jpg

      Remembering not to identify with the story has
      been crucial-- and very hard to do, because, in
      anger the story carries such obsessive power. But
      this for me really is, most fundamentally, what it
      means to be "religious." It means remembering,
      again and again, that the stories we tell ourselves
      -- all those stories about loss, failure, shattered
      hope, betrayal, blame-- are not what is most true
      about who we are. This is for me the true meaning
      of "taking refuge," this residing in the vast "only
      don't know" of practice.

      -- Noelle Oxenhandler, from the article "A
      Streetcar in Your Stomach" Tricycle, Summer 1998

      Gill Eardley to Allspirit

      Narcissus 4.jpg

      It's impossible to take note of your mind all of the
      time. You would tie yourself up in knots and run off
      the road. Instead of going to an extreme, begin by
      concentrating on one particular emotion in
      yourself. Choose the emotion that bothers you the
      most, or the one that is most prominent in you....
      For many people, anger is a good starting point
      because it is easily noticed and dissolves faster
      than most other emotions. Once you begin to watch
      your anger, you will make an interesting discovery.
      You will find that as soon as you know you are
      angry, your anger will melt away by itself. It is very
      important that you watch without likes or dislikes.
      The more you are able to look at your own anger
      without making judgments, without being critical,
      the more easily the anger will dissipate.

      --Thynn Thynn, Living Meditation, Living Insight

      Dogwood 3.jpg

      All flower photos are by Robert OHearn on Garden Mystics

      Another Spring

      The seasons revolve and the years change
      With no assistance or supervision.
      The moon, without taking thought,
      Moves in its cycle, full, crescent, and full.

      The white moon enters the heart of the river;
      The air is drugged with azalea blossoms;
      Deep in the night a pine cone falls;
      Our campfire dies out in the empty mountains.

      The sharp stars flicker in the tremulous branches;
      The lake is black, bottomless in the crystalline night;
      High in the sky the Northern Crown
      Is cut in half by the dim summit of a snow peak.

      O heart, heart, so singularly
      Intransigent and corruptible,
      Here we lie entranced by the starlit water,
      And moments that should each last forever

      Slide unconsciously by us like water.

      ~ Kenneth Rexroth ~

      (One Hundred Poems from the Chinese)