#2758 - Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007

      #2758 - Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Thanks to Bob OHearn for once again putting selected verses
      onto his wonderful photos. Those who take digest in plain text
      can go to yahoo for viewing.

      The mind ground is
      The great awareness
      Of being as is.

      --Fayan

      Livia 1.jpg

      Livia n Guus.jpg
      original photos taken by Ben Hassine

      Hyacinth 2.jpg

      Do not follow the ideas of others,
      but learn to listen to the voice within yourself.
      Your body and mind will become clear and
      you will realize the unity of all things.

      The Buddha meditated for six years,
      Bodhidharma for nine.
      The practice of meditation is not a
      method for the attainment of realization—
      it is enlightenment itself.

      -Zen Master Dogen, "The Practice of Meditation"

      From "Teachings of the Buddha," edited by Jack Kornfield, 1993

      8.jpg

      The habit of ignoring our present moments in favor of
      others yet to come leads directly to a pervasive lack of
      awareness of the web of life in which we are embedded.
      This includes a lack of awareness and understanding of
      our own mind and how it influences our perceptions and
      our actions. It severely limits our perspective on what it
      means to be a person and how we are connected to each
      other and the world around us. Religion has traditionally
      been the domain of such fundamental inquiries within a
      spiritual framework, but mindfulness has little to do
      with religion, except in the most fundamental meaning of
      the word, as an attempt to appreciate the deep mystery
      of being alive and to acknowledge being vitally
      connected to all that exists.

      --Jon Kabat-Zinn,
      Wherever You Go, There You Are

      9.jpg