#2757 - Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2007
      #2757 - Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - Editor: Jerry Katz - Mood: i feel nice
      Nondual Highlights
      Please tell everyone about the Highlights. Pass them this link:

      Answer: James Brown, Yosy Flug, and the Southwind Drum and Bugle Corps.
      Question: What's in today's nondual highights?

      When the stethoscope was placed upon her belly, this is what was heard. This mp3 is dedicated to all soon-to-be mothers, at least one of whom is a Highlights reader. I bet you my nonduality salon t-shirt won't be able to sit still or listen to this track only once.
      Visit the home page for these podcasts: http://ulisten.net/

      I love this book of poetry from longtime Nonduality Saloner Yosy Flug. It's full of surrender and love. Here are a couple of the poems:
      Ever since
      ever since
      your grace removed
      my heart's
      hard shell of "me."
      all my eyes behold
      wherever and whenever
      everyone I face
      ~ ~ ~
      Even before
      we emerged
      into this world
      of land and sky
      we all
      were divers
      effortlessly floating
      weightless and dreaming
      in safety
      of all-pervading waters
      protected well
      beating heart.
      and then
      fighting for breath
      we died as fish
      into this world
      of weight
      and sorrow.
      people call
      this death
      one day
      I shall return
      to my great
      mother's womb,
      some will say
      he drowned
      and died
      but I
      I shall be home
      ~ ~ ~
      streaming I follow
      the fisherman's boat
      competing with my kin
      for the net's
      o seagull of my heart,
      better soar alone
      on the storm's wings
      and die from hunger
      for the beloved.

      Nonduality's breaking out everywhere
      Hi Jerry

      Hope you're well.  Your feature in the Highlights the other day about non-duality in the mainstream reminded me of this local news article featured in the Enid News from last Summer. Maybe you saw it?  If not, here is the link.  As far as I can tell this is some sort of marching band and one of their performances is based on a quotation from Francis Lucille (read carefully, it's near the end).  This has to be a first, but why not? how lovely...!
       http://www.enidnews.com/localnews/local_story_203004951.html [excerpted below]
      [a reader]
      ~  ~ ~

      Cooled by the corps

      By Ruth Ann Replogle

      Lifestyles Editor

      Don’t let the heat get you down. Let Southwind coolly impress you. ...

      The audience can expect a brilliant show of snazzy bugle players and well-dressed drum lines, many of which are coming to town following southwest regional championships in San Antonio. ...

      General admission tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for children. They can be purchased at Brook Mays Music, 2013 W. Garriott, or at the gate, starting at noon Monday. For reserved seating, which is $20, call (580) 554-2352 or go online at www.bigblue-band.net. ...

      • The Cadets will be staying at Enid High School. Their repertoire is “Vol. 2: Through The Looking Glass,” featuring the story of Dani, a schoolgirl who goes through a dramatic transformation while in a wonderland.

      • Esperanza will be staying at Chisholm High School. Their repertoire is “Chakra,” a colorful musical presentation about the seven energy centers spinning within the body.

      • Southwind will be staying at Waller Junior High School. Their repertoire is “Duality,” a program inspired by Francis Lucille’s quote, “Enlightenment is the sudden recognition that non-duality is, has always been, and will always be the reality of our experience. Duality is an illusion."

      ~ ~ ~
       There are many clips of Southwind on YouTube. The first minute of this clip shows their artistry and looks like a duality/nonduality theme: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SEAUHRyqV6U