#2756 - Monday, March 12, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2007
      #2756 - Monday, March 12, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Although the scriptures proclaim 'Thou art  That', it
      is only a sign of weakness of mind to  meditate 'I am
      That, not this', because you are  eternally That.
      What has to be done is to  investigate what one
      really is and remain That.

      'Forty Verses on Reality', v. 32, from The  Collected
      Works of Ramana Maharshi, Rider and  Sri
      Ramanasramam.

      "Awakening opens the door to a life beyond the ego—a life
      lived directly from spirit rather than from the mind. In this
      new world, the conditioned ego no longer feels to be the
      appropriate center from which to relate and function.
      Something far deeper is called for: a total transformation in
      the way we live and relate. The truth realized seeks to
      become the truth lived."
      --Adyashanti

      Mark Scorelle on Wisdom-l

      Your True Nature

      In the Western spiritual subculture in particular, some people
      are fairly open to experiencing their emotions because it
      gives them a sense of depth and a sense of freedom. But this
      can become a cover for the fear of experiencing no emotion
      whatsoever.

      Defining yourself as an emotional being is perhaps a step
      deeper than defining yourself as a purely mental being, but it
      is not all the way home.

      What you avoid in defining yourself as an emotional being is
      emotion-less-ness, nothingness, emptiness. Once you have
      experienced pure emptiness, you know directly that who you
      are cannot be defined by any mental or emotional state, and
      this knowledge is freedom.

      When you do not define yourself by emotional states, then
      the emotions are free to arise because they don't mean
      anything about who you are. You know directly that all states
      are simply passing through the pure space that is your true
      nature

      From: 'The Diamond In Your Pocket', by Gangaji
      Mark Scorelle on Wisdom-l

      I am boundless space.
      The world is a clay pot.

      This is the truth.

      There is nothing to accept,
      Nothing to reject,
      Nothing to dissolve.

      -Ashtavakra Gita 6:1

      From "The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita," by Thomas Byrom, 1990.

      You ask why I make my home in the mountain forest,

      By Li Po
      (701 - 762)

      English version by Sam Hamill

      You ask why I make my home in the mountain forest,
      and I smile, and am silent,
      and even my soul remains quiet:
      it lives in the other world
      which no one owns.
      The peach trees blossom,
      The water flows.

      -- from Endless River: Li Po and Tu Fu: A Friendship in Poetry, Translated by Sam Hamill

      If it is said that Liberation is of three kinds, with form
      or without form or with and without form, then let me
      tell you that the extinction of the three forms of
      Liberation is the only true Liberation.

      - Forty Verses on Reality ", v. 40, from The Collected
      Works of Ramana Maharshi, Riders and Sri
      Ramanasramam.

      Self -Realization does not depend on any kind of
      consciousness; its  very nature is Awareness or
      Consciousness.

      --Shankara, Introduction to Commentary on Kena Vakya.