#2749 - Monday, March 5, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      #2749 - Monday, March 5, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights
      "From within or from behind,
      a light shines through us upon things
      and makes us aware that we are nothing,
      but the light is all."
      --R.W. Emerson

      Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      The real sunrise is in the sky of the heart;
      It is the best one.
      Just as the water jar reflects the sun,
      So the entire universe shines
      In the heart-space of the Self.
      When you are in a train, the whole world
      Appears to pass by.
      Similarly, the whole universe can be known
      Within the Self.

      sutras: here

      Ben Hassine to Awakened Awareness

      Awareness Has No Desire

      We have been told that Heaven, Tranquillity, is within.
      Heaven is opinionless, desireless Awareness.

      As long as we look to people, things or conditions for happiness,
      we are making "heaven" tributary to the objects of perception.
      One who stands identified as tranquil Awareness itself
      finds people, things and conditions tributary to his harmonious Identity.

      Tranquillity is our Identity. We are not another identity attempting
      to experience the absence of desire. If we believe we can find
      happiness and harmony, then we must believe we can lose them.

      In addition, we must believe they are absent (or can be) at the
      moment. We can no more be absent from Identity
      than light can be absent from light.

      From: A Guide to Awareness & Tranquillity
      by William Samuel
      Mark Scorelle to Wisdom-l

      How does a part of the world leave the world?
      How does wetness leave water?
      Don't try to put out a fire by throwing on more fire!
      Don't wash a wound with blood.

      No matter how fast you run, your shadow keeps up.
      Sometimes it's in front!
      Only full overhead sun diminishes your shadow.
      But that shadow has been serving you.

      Darkness is your candle.
      Your boundaries are your quest.
      I could explain this, but it will break the glass
      Cover on your heart, and there's no fixing that.
      You must have shadow and light source both.

      Listen, and lay your head under the tree of awe.
      When from that tree feathers and wings sprout on you,
      Be quieter than a dove.
      Don't open your mouth for even a coo."

      From the book: "The Soul of Rumi," published by Harper, SanFrancisco.
      posted to Daily Dharma

      By overlaying a subjective grid work on the
      world through your definitions and beliefs, you
      vainly try to artificially divide the indivisible.
      Beneath all of your ego-based interpretations,
      however, the Absolute persists undisturbed and is
      completely untouched by everything that you think,
      feel, say and do.
      Meanwhile, though, you're still struggling to
      frantically write the story of your life on the watery
      surface of an Eternal Ocean.
      But you're using an icicle pen!
      --Chuck Hillig, Seeds for the Soul
      posted to Along The Way