#2748 - Sunday, March 4, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2007

      #2748 - Sunday, March 4, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Vastness is the theme of today's issue.
      Video of the cosmos included, worth viewing for the images alone.

      Buddha In Glory

      Center of all centers, core of cores,
      almond self-enclosed, and growing sweet--
      all this universe, to the furthest stars
      all beyond them, is your flesh, your fruit.

      Now you feel how nothing clings to you;
      your vast shell reaches into endless space,
      and there the rich, thick fluids rise and flow.
      Illuminated in your infinite peace,

      a billion stars go spinning through the night,
      blazing high above your head.
      But in you is the presence that
      will be, when all the stars are dead.
      --Rainer Maria Rilke
      posted to Daily Dharma

      The ship sails on its way
      Leaving behind a brilliant wake
      On which the moon shines
      Dazzlingly.

      12.08.2002

      source: Sangharakshita

      Yesterday night I have seen the red glow of the Earth on the Moon.
      Ben Hassine to Awakened Awareness

      Dallas Morning News photographer Tom Fox was
      able to capture this time-lapse view of Saturday's
      eclipse while traveling in Africa.

      Ignorant before the heavens ...

      Ignorant before the heavens of my life,
      I stand and gaze in wonder. Oh the vastness
      of the stars. Their rising and descent. How still.
      As if I didn't exist. Do I have any
      share in this? Have I somehow dispensed with
      their pure effect? Does my blood's ebb and flow
      change with their changes? Let me put aside
      every desire, every relationship
      except this one, so that my heart grows used to
      its farthest spaces. Better that it live
      fully aware, in the terror of its stars, than
      as if protected, soothed by what is near.

      "Ahead of All Parting"
      The selected poetry and prose of
      Rainer Maria Rilke
      Ed. Stephen Mitchell

      Gill Eardley to Allspirit

       How Fast Is Technology Advancing??

      Thanks to Earl Engleheardt for this interesting link.

      Tree

      It is foolish

      to let a young redwood

      grow next to a house.

      Even in this

      one lifetime,

      you will have to choose.

      That great calm being,

      this clutter of soup pots and books --

      Already the first branch-tips brush at the window.

      Softly, calmly, immensity taps at your life.

      ~ Jane Hirshfield ~

      (Given Sugar, Given Salt)

      Web archive of Panhala postings: www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html

      THUNDERBOLTS OF THE GODS

      1 hr 3 min 51 sec - Feb 3, 2007
      Average rating:   (69 ratings)
      Description: There are no ‘Black Holes’, there is no ‘dark matter’, comets are not ‘dirty snowballs’, the sun is not a ‘nuclear furnace’. THUNDERBOLTS challenges our fundamental assumptions about the workings of the universe, and then offers an alternative vision. Born of empirical science, this vision is startling in its common sense simplicity, and stunning in its reach and ability to make comprehensible both age-old and modern-day mysteries. Recent discoveries in space have amazed and perplexed scientists. Current popular theories in the sciences can neither predict nor explain the phenomena we are now observing. In THUNDERBOLTS, American mythologist David Talbott and Australian physicist Wallace Thornhill and their associates propose a new theory which can both predict and explain these phenomena. 5,000 year old rock art, the origins of world mythology, planetary history, spectacular nebular forms in deep space, and high energy electric discharges in the plasma laboratory -- all are inextricably linked by the Electric Model. In an extraordinary synthesis of the scientific disciplines THUNDERBOLTS presents us with an astonishing new perspective on ancient history and leading-edge astronomy.

      If you're having trouble watching the video, try copying the following URL into your browser:
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4773590301316220374&q=thunderbolts+of+the+gods&pr=goog-sl&hl=en