#2733 - Saturday, February 17, 2007

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2007

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2733, Saturday, February 17, 2007

      When you anticipate some future good you are preventing that good that is all around you from expresing through you. Life is magnificient. The presence, power and love is everywhere in its fullness and we are discovering ways to participate in that flow, rather than to put life on the layaway plan in anticipation that it will get good in the future. No! It's happening now and the Secret helps us to open up to become a full participant in life. It's not about getting something, but allowing your real self to express.

      - Michael Beckwith, posted to Adyashantigroup

      Transformation happens in time apparently; we change from this to that. This is the order of becoming.

      Being, however, does not require time. Time comes to a halt when it is clear that it can only make being impossible. Being cannot be for or against anything as that would require time. Being, then, embraces all, even its apparent opposite of becoming. Otherwise there is the contradiction of becoming, moving towards not-becoming.

      Being is simple, already the case, just awaiting recognition. The recognition includes the absurdity of trying to be still by moving. Being transcends the self which is seen as merely a futile attempt to be what one is not.

      But don't take my word for it! See what transformation there is when there is no longer any time for a transformation.

      When we lose time we gain the present.

      - Gary Merrill, posted to NonDualNetwork

      We are always searching for God afar off, when all the while He is nearer to us than our own soul.

      Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan, posted to SufiMystic

      In that first
      hardly noticed
      to which you wake,
      coming back
      to this life
      from the other
      more secret,
      and frighteningly
      where everything
      there is a small
      into the new day
      which closes
      the moment
      you begin
      your plans.

      What you can plan
      is too small
      for you to live.

      What you can live
      will make plans
      for the vitality
      hidden in your sleep.

      To be human
      is to become visible
      while carrying
      what is hidden
      as a gift to others.

      To remember
      the other world
      in this world
      is to live in your
      true inheritance.

      You are not
      a troubled guest
      on this earth,
      you are not
      an accident
      amidst other accidents
      you were invited
      from another and greater
      than the one
      from which
      you have just emerged.

      Now, looking through
      the slanting light
      of the morning
      window toward
      the mountain
      of everything
      that can be,
      what urgency
      calls you to your
      one love? What shape
      waits in the seed
      of you to grow
      and spread
      its branches
      against a future sky?

      Is it waiting
      in the fertile sea?
      In the trees
      beyond the house?
      In the life
      you can imagine
      for yourself?
      In the open
      and lovely
      white page
      on the waiting desk?

      - David Whyte, The House of Belonging, posted to truevision

      Nowhere left to get to, nothing left to be done. With every breath let the fullness of your innocence pervade the entire night. Your beautiful newborn face looking out from its deep not-knowing. How beautiful you are. How sweet you are. How good you are. Let yourself shine. Let yourself know that the light shining from your heart is one with the light shining from all hearts. And when you open your eyes, let the word behold ring out, to what you see and what you offer: "Behold!"

      - Jeannie Zandi

      - Painting by Mark Otter