#2729 - Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

  • EditGlo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2007

      #2729 - Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      My Master, Ramana Maharishi, said to me,
      "God is not an object to be seen, He is the subject.
      He cannot be seen, He is the Seer, find this Seer."
      My Heart was opened. "Find the Seer."
      This is the Teaching.

      --Papaji

      "The Truth Is"
      Sri H.W.L. Poonja

      A single word can brighten the face

      By Yunus Emre
      (1238 - 1320)

      English version by Kabir Helminski & Refik Algan

      A single word can brighten the face
      of one who knows the value of words.
      Ripened in silence, a single word
      acquires a great energy for work.

      War is cut short by a word,
      and a word heals the wounds,
      and there's a word that changes
      poison into butter and honey.

      Let a word mature inside yourself.
      Withhold the unripened thought.
      Come and understand the kind of word
      that reduces money and riches to dust.

      Know when to speak a word
      and when not to speak at all.
      A single word turns the universe of hell
      into eight paradises.

      Follow the Way. Don't be fooled
      by what you already know. Be watchful.
      Reflect before you speak.
      A foolish mouth can brand your soul.

      Yunus, say one last thing
      about the power of words --
      Only the word "I"
      divides me from God.

      -- from The Drop That Became the Sea: Lyric Poems of Yunus Emre, Translated by Kabir Helminski / Translated by Refik Algan

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      An accomplished person does not by a philosophical view, or
      by thinking become arrogant, for he is not of that sort; not
      by holy works, nor by tradition is he to be led, he is not led
      into any of the resting places of the mind.

      -adapted from the Sutta-nipata, translated by V. Fausboll

      There's an online book called After the Absolute at

      http://www.onzen.com/atatoc.htm
      written by one of Richard Rose's students, David Gold.

      (It reads like a novel, quite a story so far as I've read. -G.)

      All minds are created by ego--the separative sense of "I." All
      these expressions of individuality, however highly developed,
      are the impulses of the force of evolution. And of these,
      only the mind born of meditation is free from the latent
      impressions that generated desire.

      --The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 4:4-6
      translated by Alistair Shearer

      Bob O' Hearn has made a new photo gallery.

      "At the home page, there are 12 core albums, each with a
      number of sub- albums within, in keeping with the core album
      theme."  http://www.pbase.com/1heart/root

      "Words that go beyond" puts poetic phrases within an image.

      15 Verses from Gendun  http://www.pbase.com/1heart/15_verses_from_gendun

      (1 of the 15)  Bob posts on Garden Mystics