#2714 - Monday, January 29, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2007

      #2714 - Monday, January 29, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Poetry is just the evidence of life.
      If your life is burning well,
      poetry is just the ash.
      --Leonard Cohen

      Poetry is not always words.
      --Audrey Foris

      It is the job of poetry to clean up our word-clogged
      reality by creating silences around things.
      --Stephen Mallarme

      posted by Mary on Allspirit

      In truth we talk only to ourselves,
      but sometimes we talk loud enough that others may hear us.

      The voice of life in me cannot reach the ear of life in you;
      but let us talk that we may not feel lonely.

      All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.
      --Kahlil Gibran

       posted by Richard on Allspirit

      The more you talk and think about it,
      The further astray you wander from the truth.
      Stop talking and thinking,
      And there is nothing you will not be able to know.
      To return to the root is to find the meaning,
      But to pursue appearances is to miss the source.
      At the moment of inner enlightenment
      There is a going beyond appearance and emptiness.

      --Seng Ts'an (d.606)

      Ramdas reading from Upanishads