#2702 - Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2007

      #2702 - Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Without consciousness,
      Time and space do not exist;
      They appear within Consciousness
      But have no reality of their own.
      It is like a screen on which
      All this is cast as pictures and move
      As in a cinema show.
      The Absolute Consciousness
      Alone is our real nature.

      --Ramana Maharshi

      Be aware of being conscious and seek the
      source of consciousness.  That is all.  Very
      little can be conveyed in words.  It is the
      doing as I tell you that will bring light, not
      my telling you.  The means do not matter much;
      it is the desire, the urge, the earnestness that
      counts.

      --Nisargadatta Maharaj

      posted to Along The Way

      Eye cannot see It,
      Tongue cannot utter It,
      Mind cannot grasp It.
      There is no way to learn or to teach It.
      It is different from the known,
      Beyond the unknown.
      In this all the ancient masters agree.

      --Upanishads

      Grace is within you;
      Grace is the Self.
      Grace is not something to be acquired from others.
      If it is external, it is useless.
      All that is necessary
      Is to know its existence in you.
      You are never out of its operation.

      --Ramana Maharshi

      All things arise,
      Suffer change,
      And pass away.

      This is their nature.

      When you know this,
      Nothing perturbs you,
      Nothing hurts you.

      You become still.

      It is easy.

      --Ashtavakra Gita 11:1

      From "The Heart of Awareness: A Translation of the Ashtavakra Gita," by Thomas Byrom, 1990

      When I look for what I know to be true beyond any doubt, what I
      come to is presence itself, the simple fact of being here. Everything
      else is made up. This bare awareness is the only real truth, the only
      absolute certainty. We use words to point to it, but the words have
      a way of deadening and obscuring what they describe, for they turn
      the inconceivable and limitless into something conceivable and
      limited. Listen to the words in this book with your heart. Their intent
      is to dissolve structures, not to create new ones. They are meant to
      leave you with the open wonder of not knowing, rather than with a
      new set of deadening answers.

      --Joan Tollifson, Awake in the Heartland

      "Endlessly liberating to let all the answers go, and to discover what's left."