#2692 - Sunday, January 7, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      Utopia -- Wislawa Szymborska

      #2692 - Sunday, January 7, 2007 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      Nondual Highlights

      Light illumines the Sun,
      But the Sun itself
      creates that light.
      The glorious Sun and its light
      are one and the same.

      -Jnaneshwar (also known as Jnanadeva)

      "There is small profit in talking with those who do not know that
      they do not know. A caller told a real teacher, 'I am considered
      to be a scholar, an intellectual and a philosopher. So what lofty
      subject shall we discuss?' Sighing slightly, the teacher remarked,
      'How about apple pie?'"
      --Vernon Howard

      posted by Myra to nondualnow

      "There is a vitality, a life-force, an energy, a quickening that is
      translated through you into action and because there is only one
      of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it,
      it will never exist through any other medium and be lost."
      --Martha Graham

      posted by Diane to nondualnow

      "Why does one explore mind before anything else?
      There are two reasons:

      1)  since all realities are projections of mind, by understanding the
      nature of mind, one understands the nature of all realities, and

      2)  exploring things is a never-ending endeavor, whereas exploring
      mind is straightforward and reaches a definite conclusion.

      In fact, all of samsara and nirvana depends on mind. By understanding
      the mind, one may understand all things including the nature of all of
      samsara and nirvana."

      From "Exploring Mind Series - Introduction"
      www.mahamudracenter.org/MMCMemberMeditationGuide.htm#_Toc420995640

      posted to Daily Dharma

      Dear fellow-devotees of Sri Bhagavan,

      I have recently set up a new website,
      www.happinessofbeing.com, which is dedicated to exploring in depth the philosophy and practice of the spiritual teachings of our sadguru, Bhagavan Sri Ramana.

      If you would like to visit this new website, please do so. At present its main content is a downloadable PDF version of my new book,
      Happiness and the Art of Being, which is intended to serve both as a layman's introduction to the philosophy and practice of Bhagavan's teachings and as a very detailed and in-depth exploration of the core elements of his teachings.

      If it is Bhagavan's will, I hope to continue adding more content to this site in the form of e-books, articles, and translations and explanations of all the original writings of Sri Bhagavan.

      You may also be interested to visit the new
      Discussion Forum on the Philosophy and Practice of the Spiritual Teachings of Bhagavan Sri Ramana, which I have also set up recently.

      Warm regards,

      Michael James

      from the website:
      "....there are several other books that I assisted Sri Sadhu Om in translating into English.
      The most important book that we translated together is Guru Vachaka Kovai, which is the most profound, comprehensive and trustworthy collection of the sayings of Sri Ramana, recorded in Tamil verses by Sri Muruganar.

      Note: More translations are described, with links for reading or ordering online.

      Utopia

      Island where all becomes clear.

      Solid ground beneath your feet.

      The only roads are those that offer access.

      Bushes bend beneath the weight of proofs.

      The Tree of Valid Supposition grows here
      with branches disentangled since time immemorial.

      The Tree of Understanding, dazzlingly straight and simple,
      sprouts by the spring called Now I Get It.

      The thicker the woods, the vaster the vista:
      the Valley of Obviously.

      If any doubts arise, the wind dispels them instantly.

      Echoes stir unsummoned
      and eagerly explain all the secrets of the worlds.

      On the right a cave where Meaning lies.

      On the left the Lake of Deep Conviction.
      Truth breaks from the bottom and bobs to the surface.

      Unshakable Confidence towers over the valley.
      Its peak offers an excellent view of the Essence of Things.

      For all its charms, the island is uninhabited,
      and the faint footprints scattered on its beaches
      turn without exception to the sea.

      As if all you can do here is leave
      and plunge, never to return, into the depths.

      Into unfathomable life.

      ~ Wislawa Szymborska ~

      (A Large Number, trans. by S. Baranczak & C. Cavanagh)

      Web archive of Panhala postings: www.panhala.net/Archive/Index.html

      TO SET OPTIMUM EMAIL FORMAT FOR POSTINGS, CHOOSE "SWITCH FORMAT TO TRADITIONAL"
      IF IT SHOWS ON THE LINKS BELOW FROM YAHOOGROUPS