#2681 - Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      #2681 - Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      Some very interesting letters recently received. First this thing from Mark:

      Mark, editor of Issue #2678 [http://www.nonduality.com/hl2678.htm], wishes to add important information left out of that issue:

      Hi Folks,

      I want to apologize for falling down on the job here. I meant to attribute the wonderful poem "Streaming Beggars", but managed to forget completely. The poem is by Jeannie Zandi, who lives in Taos and is a very lovely being.

      I apologize for not attributing it in the first place, and hope you're all having a relaxing day sharing presence.

      Mark

      ps Here's Jeannie's web page with more poetry and other offerings.

      http://www.jeanniezandi.com/

      Streaming Beggars

      Now that you have moved
      into my heart, taken
      the doors off their hinges and
      removed the windows,
      glass, sash and
      all
      beggars are coming from
      everywhere for
      your sweet embrace.

      The beggars stream in from
      every direction--walking, running, crawling,
      rolling and being carried. The neighbors
      have stopped
      screaming about it. At first they had
      plenty to say but after
      weeks and weeks of this they
      know there is no
      helping it. This is beyond
      city ordinances.

      Soon they will be coming
      themselves, dropping
      rakes, dog leashes, clothespins,
      leaving cars running
      in the street, for a glimpse
      of your holy face.

      What am I to do but

      watch in awe at the blessed
      variety of your creation, the myriad wounds,
      the incredible stories, the way they gather
      around the door quivering
      with the certain knowledge that finally
      no one
      will be turned away.

      And stay in the house
      making meals, and carrying
      sheets up and down the stairs.

      - Jeannie Zandi

      Dear friends,

      i enjoyed the translations of Shankar from Sadhu Om.
      There is a mistake concerning Muruganar:

      Sri Muruganaar was a pre-eminent householder devotee of Sri Bhagawan. He was a Tamil Teacher in a school in Thiruvannaamalai, the Divine Abode of Sri Bhagawan

      that is wrong. Muruganar was never a tamil-teacher in Tiruvannamalai and
      separeted from his wife Meenakshi when he came to Bhagavan permanantly after the death of his mother.

      Greetings from Austria,

      Reinhard

      A friend writes:

      Hi Jerry,

      I recently found a really really good book I've not seen anywhere else. I
      was wondering if you might be willing to take a look at it (and possibly put
      it on the Salon) if I were to send you a copy?

      The name of the book is "Being a Buddha On Broadway" by Bertram Salzman.
      Here is a link to it at Amazon......

      http://www.amazon.com/Being-Buddha-Broadway-Naturally-Peaceful/dp/1878019228/sr=11-1/qid=1166035411/ref=sr_11_1/103-9641019-9189410

      And Bertram's site.......

      http://www.subtlemind.com/

      Sorry these probably won't come through as hyper-links.

      I think the book is tremendous. Not only is it a great story of his life
      (he's an academy award winning TV and Broadway producer)..... and (in my
      opinion) he's the Real Deal when it comes to teachers. I've been in touch
      with him for about the last month and I've never met or talked to anyone as
      "legit" and truly "immersed" in the Peace and Silence he writes about. The
      book is 1/3 autobiography, 1/3 dialogues with students and 1/3 "Attention
      Exercises".... and the Attention Exercises are like nothing I've ever seen.
      You probably have an idea of how many books I've read in this area (smile)
      and to come across something "new" (or at least phrased in a very innovative
      way) was quite surprising.

      Regarding issue 2671http://www.nonduality.com/hl2671.htm, Mike Adamson writes:

      Virgin means "Life Generator" not necessarily someone who's never had sexual intercourse.  "Vir" = "Life" and "Gin" (Gen) = "Genesis", "Generate".  So Mary "generated the essence of life" = "Christ" the *awakeness* epitomized by such likes as the "Buddha", et al.

      Mike

      Deep Nonduality
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbA0RmHD7RY&mode=related&search=cocorosie%20antony%20johnsons>

      Something made me think of you...