#2673 - Sunday, December 17, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2006
      #2673 - Sunday, December 17, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      "Giving is to transform the mind of living beings.
      There is a time when the mind transforms things,
      and there is giving in which things transform the mind."

                           -- Eihei Dogen

      posted to Daily Dharma

      This is a video I directed for spoken word artist Mipham.
      Mipham records albums, runs marathons and just happens
      to be a Tibetan Buddhist Lama.
      (by chewyguru)

      link posted by Trudy on Garden Mystics
      Check out his website http://www.mipham.com

      "When living correctly with yourself, you will know exactly how to
      live in right relationship with others."
      --Vernon Howard

      This next video was sent to us by Freyja

      Susan Lucey wrote:

      I slept and dreamt that life was joy,
      I awoke, and saw that life was Service
      I acted and behold, Service was Joy.
      --Tagore

      All a sane man can ever care about is giving love.
      --Hafiz

      Dearest Susan, what a gracious note, and what a lovely heart you share!
      I understand that this is a challenging time for you, and I join with all of
      your friends here in this, our perpetual celebration of bewilderhood. At
      such appearing times, life can paradoxically tend to clarify,
      spontaneously, of itself, and so we just pay attention (not aloof and
      detached, for how can anything detach from itself?), but we observe and
      inquire -- is it true, or just more dreaming, more belief and projection,
      more old tapes of memory and identification, more same old same old, all
      dependently arising, all transient, selfless (except for the self that we
      impute), no place to pitch a tent, to call it home, learn the local ghost
      lingo, no, it's all flashing by in a blurry rush, you're the rush, the flash,
      the blur on the screen, just what it seems, and likewise, you are none of
      it, woo, how strange, my Heart, don't even try to figure it out, in fact, go
      on, forget about it -- just love, that's the only thing at last to do, at
      first, and in-between.

      LoveAlways
      Bob O'Hearn

      mouse and frog

      A Mouse And A Frog

      A mouse and a frog meet every morning on the riverbank.

      They sit in a nook of the ground and talk.

      Each morning, the second they see each other,
      they open easily, telling stories and dreams and secrets,
      empty of any fear or suspicious holding back.

      To watch, and listen to those two is to understand how,
      as it’s written, sometimes when two beings come together,
      Christ becomes visible.

      The mouse starts laughing out a story
      he hasn’t thought of in five years,
      and the telling might take five years!

      There’s no blocking the speech flow
      river-running-all-carrying momentum that true intimacy is.
      Bitterness doesn’t have a chance with those two.

      The God-messenger, Khidr, touches a roasted fish.
      It leaps off the grill back into the water.

      Friend sits by Friend, and the tablets appear.
      They read the mysteries off each others foreheads.

      But one day the mouse complains,

      “There are times when I want conversation
      and you’re out in the water, jumping around
      where you can’t hear me.

      We meet at this appointed time, but the text says,
      Lovers pray constantly. Once a day, once a week,
      five times an hour, is not enough.
      Fish like we are need the ocean around us!”

      Do camel bells say, “Let’s meet back here Thursday night?”

      Ridiculous! They jingle together continuously,
      talking while the camel walks.

      Do you pay regular visits to yourself?
      Don’t argue or answer rationally.

      Let us die, and dying, reply.

      --Rumi

      posted by Mazie Lane and Bob O'Hearn on Garden Mystics

      Unsay Yourself