#2672 Saturday, December 16, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2672, Saturday, December 16, 2006

      Is Xan still around? Here is a beautiful poem shared by her some years back?

      _________________________

      This knowing is too simple
      for rules and regulations.

      This master too intimate
      for anyone to guess.

      This joy is too unexpected
      to fit into my theology.

      This vastness too sweet
      to be named by my mind.

      This shock of deep knowing
      cannot be managed.

      This grace too surprising
      All walls falling down.

      xan, posted to nondualitysalon

      Just be here. Sort of like sitting ducks. The mind can feel that way when one enters this unprotected place, like a sitting duck, at the mercy of the moment, fully surrendered, fully offered, without a strategy or a protection or any idea why, just a complete dropping everything, the stuff you're carrying, to the floor, and just here. This being is more than enough. Then if we stay here, there's a song that starts to sing, a devotional song to Being that starts to sing between us - it is this song about, Ah! You are! I am! You are! I am! How lovely. How everything.

      J: The essence of separation is I'm not part of this, I'm not at one with this, I am apart from this.
      T: It's really difficult to get close.
      J: It's too late, because we already are, like this, we were born this way. I'm already so close to you it's excruciating if you let yourself notice.
      T: When I look into your eyes, I feel like I'm looking into Love itself, it's very sweet.
      J: Me too, in yours... Why let a little horrific trauma get in the way of walking around the world as love, hmmm?

      If we meet this world unprotected, our heart gets broken over and over and over. This is actually a gift. You let the world touch you, it shatters you open, and it shatters you open, and it shatters you open. And here you are, shining. After our heart is broken open a thousand times and all of the contents emptied out, there's just this shining left.

      - Jeannie Zandi in satsang in Portland

      To the extent that an individual wishes to
      experience the world as separate from
      himself, he is a spectacle without a spectator
      To the extent that he prefers to be
      insensitive to the world, he is a spectator
      without a spectacle. But it is only when
      life is accepted totally, however it comes,
      knowing it to be nothing but a dream yet
      acting intuitively as if it is real, that one
      will experience life fully as the natural
      spectator of the natural spectacle.

      - Ramesh S. Balsekar, A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      Would that you could know yourself
      For a time!

      Would that you would see a sign
      Of your own beautiful face!

      Then you would not sleep in water
      And clay like an animal

      You would go to the house of joy
      Of all lovely spirits.

      You would travel to your every far corner
      To make yourself manifest

      For Hidden Treasure has remained
      Concealed within you!

      Were you only this body,
      You would have no news of the spirit;

      Were you only this spirit,
      You would rest happily within it.

      Like others you would make do
      With good and evil ...

      You would manage with this and that,
      If,that is, you were only this and that.

      Were you only one stew,
      You would have a single flavor;

      Were you only one pot,
      You would boil in just one way.

      Were you to be purified
      Of this churning agitation ...

      You would reside on top of the heavens
      Like those who are pure.

      To every image of your own imagination
      You say:

      "Oh, my spirit .. my world!"
      Were these images to disappear,

      You, yourself - would be...
      The spirit and the "world.

      Enough!
      For your words have become intellect's shackle!

      If not for words, you would be nothing
      But a tongue like that universal intellect.

      Enough!
      For knowledge is a veil .. upon knowledge
      If you know that, you are the King

      Why, would you remain
      As interpreter?

      - Rumi, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      Meditation

      The star travelled
      Or was it the earth

      I know not

      When I looked again
      There You were

      Between my brows

      - Gabriel Rosenstock, posted to Mystic Spirit