#2666 - Saturday, December 9, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2666, Saturday, December 9, 2006

      I’ve always loved friends of the Way,
      Always held them dear.
      Meeting a stranger with silent springs;
      Greeting a guest talking zen;
      Talking about mysteries on a moonlit night;
      Searching for truth until dawn,
      The tracks of our inventions disappear,
      And we see who we really are.

      - Han-shan, posted to DailyDharma

      We are birthed into sangha, into sacred community.
      It is called the world.

      - Adyashanti

      We need to reclaim what we have for too long ignored
      and neglected: the opportunity for active and meaningful
      engagement in our own communities...

      - Bill Shore, founder and executive director of Share Our Strength, a leading anti-hunger organization.

      Faced with what seems like an impossible task,
      a group of folks will do well to remember
      the African proverb: When spider webs
      unite they can tie up a lion.

      Johnnetta B. Cole

      Everyone can be great because anyone can serve.
      You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
      You don't even have to make your subject and your
      verb agree to serve...
      You only need a heart full of grace.
      A soul generated by love...

      - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.