# 2659 - Saturday, December 2, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2659, Saturday, December 2, 2006

      Where does the whole of samsara, all animals
      and plants, all concepts, trees, and birds come from?
      There is only one Source: return to it, merge in it.
      Know what it is and everything is It itself.
      There is no difference between you and what you call other!
      Know this and you will speak to all beings;
      every rock, tree, and animal at the same time
      because time does not exist here.

      - Papaji, The Truth Is, posted to AlongTheWay

      The universe and I exist together
      And all things and I are one

      The sage has the sun and moon by his side
      And the universe under his arm

      He blends everything into a harmonious whole.

      He blends the disparities of ten thousand years
      Into one complete purity

      All things are blended like this
      And mutually involve each other

      He who regards all things as 'One'
      Is a companion of Nature

      Heaven, Earth and I were created together
      And all things and I are One.

      - Chuang Tzu, posted to Mystic Spirit

      The hearty unripe grapes, capable of ripening,
      at last become one in heart
      by the breath of the masters of heart.
      They grow rapidly to grapehood,
      shedding duality and hatred and strife.
      Then in maturity, they rend their skins,
      till they become one:
      unity is the proper attribute
      for one who is one with others.

      - Rumi, Mathnawi II: 3723-3725, version by Camille and Kabir Helminski, Rumi: Daylight, posted to Sunlight

      If you never searched for truth
      come with us
      and you will become a seeker.
      If you were never a musician
      come with us
      and you will find your voice.
      You may posses immense wealth
      come with us
      and you will become love's beggar.
      You may think yourself a master
      come with us
      and love will turn you into a slave.
      If you've lost your spirit,
      come with us
      take off your silk coverings,
      put on our rough cloak
      and we will bring you back to life.

      - Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi, Ghazal (Ode) 74, Rumi: Hidden Music, translated by Azima Melita Kolin and Maryam Mafi, posted to SufiMystic

      I have come into this world to see this:
      the sword drop from men’s hands
      even at the height
      of their arc of
      anger

      because we have finally realized there is just
      one flesh to wound and it is His -
      the Christ’s, our
      Beloved’s.

      I have come into this world to see this:
      all creatures hold hands as we pass through
      this miraculous existence we share on the way
      to even a greater being of soul,
      a being of just ecstatic light,
      forever entwined
      and at play with
      Him.

      I have come into this world to hear this:
      every song the earth has sung
      since it was conceived in the
      Divine’s womb and began
      spinning from
      His wish,

      every song by wing and fin and hoof,
      every song by hill and field and tree and woman and child,
      every song of stream and rock,
      every song of tool and lyre and flute,
      every song of gold and emerald and fire,
      every song the heart should cry with magnificent dignity
      to know itself as God:

      for all other knowledge will leave us again
      in want and aching - only imbibing
      the glorious Sun will
      complete us.

      I have come into this world to experience this:
      men so true to love they would rather
      die before speaking
      an unkind
      word,

      men so true their lives are His covenant - the promise of hope.
      I have come into this world to see this:
      the sword drop from men’s hands
      even at the height
      of their arc of
      rage

[...]