#2650 - Thursday, November 23, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2006
      #2650 - Thursday, November 23, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      In this issue, 2 works. One is a letter from Jenny Munday in response to our series of selections from the writings of U.G. Krishnamurti.

      The second work consists of selections from Empty Thoughts, a new book by Robin Dale.

      Hope American residents are having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

      Jenny Munday

      Refreshing approach to the work of U.G. Krishnamurti. I particularly agree with his
      remark about it being a "physiological" journey rather than a psychological one. My mind
      wants to turn it all into thought but the body has played the lead role for a lifetime -
      being always possessed of more energy than was comfortably manageable.

      At age 50 a tingle up the spine lead to a the experience of a physical polarity switch
      and I learned the meaning of awakening of the Leydig center - or Kundalini, as it's
      called in the East. From then on it was - as UG says, a series of body mutations - muscle
      spasms, energy swings, different states of consciousness, etc. which I always tried to
      make sense of through my chosen profession of Psychotherapy.

      It's like trying to fit a foot into a too tight boot. You can get it in there but you
      walk with discomfort - not bliss nor "enlightenment". To me enlightenment has meant
      releasing my belief system from the rigid structures imposed by materialistic
      conditioning and fairy tale promises of those who market the "more-is-better" mindset.

      I have realized the world I live in as the hologram of my belief system and endorse David
      Bohm's quantum mechanics theory of wave movement. I have seen that "you" and "I" and "me"
      are the same ONE. But this has happened through the incredible unfolding of the physical
      mechanisms of the organ called "body".

      My best guess is agreement with Sri Aurobindo's premise that the real stuff going on
      constantly is the evolutionary movement to create a new bodymass that can contain the
      electric voltage known as Fohat - or the highest watt which allows the knowledge/wisdom
      factor to over-ride the lower mindset.

      Empty Thoughts
      by Robin Dale

      On the back cover of the book it says, "This is a book of meditations pointing to the Emptiness which is Fullness, and which is the essential nature of all things, including thoughts. This Emptiness is prior to the mind; from it alone, words of truth flow." A few numbered selections follow, along with ordering information:

      6

      We deceive ourselves
      that there is knowledge:
      we are living
      in the Unknown.

      38

      Acquiring things
      is a defense
      against
      things' emptiness.

      43

      Even the initial
      intent alone,
      to see what
      things truly are
      works miracles.

      55

      There is
      no such thing
      as an idea
      which frees.

      76

      Beliefs
      are stepping-stones
      to their absence

      79

      I'm safest
      when I don't know
      what's going on

      102

      Existence
      and the Purpose
      of Existence
      are the same thing.

      125

      God gives you
      the compost
      known as "The World"
      in return for your flower,
      which is this spirit.
      This is a natural process.

      142

      In all the universes
      there is only One sense
      of separation.

      145

      The moment before
      your reaction occurs,
      there is an empty, radiant silence,
      in which absolutely everything,
      including your reaction,
      occurs.

      146

      Nothing
      makes
      everything.

      147

      Everything
      means
      nothing.

      148

      Everything
      teaches
      nothing.

      149

      Nothing is impossible,
      even that there be
      the impossible.

      150

      The Universe
      is the cause
      of the Universe;
      everything exists
      because of itself.

      ~ ~ ~

      Empty Thoughts, by Robin Dale consists 321 short poems like the ones above. The size of the book is 4" tall by 6" wide. It would make a very nice gift. The price of the book for overseas purchasers is $29.20 Australian, which is approximately $21.00 USD.

      PayPal: Email the author at rdale02@... to arrange PayPal payment. Or phone him at +61 3 9754 8641 (Australia)

      Wyrd Publications
      52 Monbulk Rd.
      Belgrave 3160