#2649 - Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2006

      #2649 - Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights

      Truth is no theory, no speculative system of philosophy,
      no intellectual insight.
      Truth is exact correspondence with reality.

      --Paramhansa Yogananda

      No one is more qualified than you to discover the true
      treasures of your inner kingdom.
      --Vernon Howard

      If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life,
      it  would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's
      heart beat,  and we should die of that roar which lies on the
      other side of  silence.

      --George Eliot

      "Roses 'n Rumi" images by Bob O'Hearn

      Lamplight 01

      Lamplight 04

      Lamplight 06

      Cathedral 06

      LoveAlways

      The Lark

      And I have seen,
      at dawn,
      the lark
      spin out of the long grass

      and into the pink air -
      its wings,
      which are neither wide
      nor overstrong,

      fluttering --
      the pectorals
      ploughing and flashing
      for nothing but altitude --

      and the song
      bursting
      all the while
      from the red throat.

      And then he descends,
      and is sorry.
      His little head hangs
      and he pants for breath

      for a few moments
      among the hoops of the grass,
      which are crisp and dry,
      where most of his living is done --

      and then something summons him again
      and up he goes,
      his shoulders working,
      his whole body almost collapsing and floating

      to the edges of the world.
      We are reconciled, I think,
      to too much.
      Better to be a bird, like this one --

      an ornament of the eternal.
      As he came down once, to the nest of the grass,
      “Squander the day, but save the soul,”
      I heard him say.

      --Mary Oliver

      Poetry Chaikhana Home

      The Lyric

      Suffering
      lament, sorrow and wild
      joy commingle in

      the lyric—a collective
      sigh of relief comes cascading
      out of the blue—

      a yearning to submerge
      in life like the swimmer
      in the pool forgetful

      immersed and quenched—
      water trailing scattered
      diamonds in a rustling

      voice of resigned subsidence
      as though in the same stroke
      everyone alive were speaking through you—

      --Tom Clark
      from Light & Shade: New and Selected Poems

      Go deep into the sense of 'I am' and you will find.
      How do you find a thing you have mislaid or forgotten?
      You keep it in your mind until you recall it.

      The sense of being, of 'I am' is the first to emerge.
      Ask yourself whence it comes, or just watch it quietly.
      When the mind stays
      in the 'I am', without moving,
      you enter a state that cannot be verbalized
      but can be experienced.
      All you need to do is to try and try again.

      We discover it by being earnest,
      by searching, inquiring,
      questioning daily and hourly,
      by giving one's life to this discovery.

      It has nothing to do with effort.
      Just turn away, look between the thoughts,
      rather than at the thoughts.
      When you happen to walk in a crowd,
      you do not fight every man you meet,
      you just find your way between.

      When you fight, you invite a fight.
      But when you do not resist, you meet no resistance.
      When you refuse to play the game, you are out of it.

      --Sri Nisargadatta

      from the book 'I Am That'
      posted to Daily Dharma