#2647 - Monday, November 20, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20 7:23 PM
      #2647 - Monday, November 20, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights
      Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it.
      - Confucius

      "What makes photography a strange invention is that its  primary raw
      materials are light and time." - John Berger
      A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into. - Ansel Adams

      photo series by Bob O'Hearn

      It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need  less
      imagination to be a painter, because you can invent things. But  in
      photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking
      before you learn to see the ordinary. - David Bailey
      In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.
      - Aaron Rose
      A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the
      less you know. - Diane Arbus
      I have often thought that if photography were difficult in the  true
      sense of the term -- meaning that the creation of a simple
      photograph would entail as much time and effort as the production  of
      a good watercolor or etching -- there would be a vast  improvement in
      total output. The sheer ease with which we can  produce a superficial
      image often leads to creative disaster. -  Ansel Adams
      Photography is not about cameras, gadgets and gismos. Photography is
      about photographers. A camera didn't make a great picture any more
      than a typewriter wrote a great novel. - Peter Adams, Sydney 1978
      The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the
      photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep  on
      looking. - Brooks Atkinson
      The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without
      a camera. - Dorothea Lange
      by n.m. rai
      You know you are seeing such a photograph if you say to yourself,
      "I could have taken that picture. I've seen such a scene before, but
      never like that." It is the kind of photography that relies for its
      strengths not on special equipment or effects but on the intensity of
      the photographer's seeing. It is the kind of photography in which the
      raw materials--light, space, and shape--are arranged in a meaningful
      and even universal way that gives grace to ordinary objects.
      -Sam Abell, "Seeing and Shooting Straight"
      I'm not responsible for my photographs. Photography is not
      documentary, but intuition, a poetic experience. It's drowning
      yourself, dissolving yourself, and then sniff, sniff, sniff – being
      sensitive to coincidence. You can't go looking for it; you can't want it,
      or you won't get it. First you must lose your self. Then it happens.
      - Henri Cartier-Bresson

      When I'm ready to make a photograph, I think I quite obviously see in
      my minds eye something that is not literally there in the true meaning
      of the word. I'm interested in something which is built up from
      within, rather than just extracted from without. - Ansel Adams

      When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When
      images  become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
      - Ansel Adams

      The Roe Deer
      Driving home at midnight,
      a buck and two doe's at the roadside