#2645 - Saturday, November 18, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2645, Saturday, November 18, 2006

      Two posts from OH today.

      Love, Mark

      Happy in the morning
      I open my cottage door;
      A clear breeze blowing
      Comes straight in.
      The first sun
      Lights the leafy trees;
      The shadows it casts
      Are crystal clear.
      Serene,
      In accord with my heart,
      Everything merges
      In one harmony.
      Gain and loss
      Are not my concern;
      This way is enough
      To the end of my days.

      - Wen-siang

      Gain and loss are not my concern. ahhh. the last sun,
      the naked trees, the chilling wind, whatever is here,
      now, is not my concern either but it brings me joy! to
      the end of my days. ~dg

      Poem from book, "Sleepless Nights: Verses For The
      Wakeful," translated by Thomas Cleary,

      Hello dear ones:
      Hope everyone is feeling well and happy.
      Below is an old post from Old Hag (OH) that begins
      with a startling, gorgeous poem by Nancy Ore that
      never fails to bring a tear to ole eye here. And oh
      sends along a reminder to stop all the trying and just
      lay back and bask in the cool breeze (well, it is
      almost winter here.) Hope you enjoy and benefit. Be
      sure to take good care of your precious selves today.
      love, dharma grandmother

      ____________________
      From OH:

      Hello, dears:

      This is for anyone who may feel that they are not
      enough just as they are right now.

      "You are Enough!"
      A Woman Seminarian's Story

      It is not enough
      said her father
      that you
      get all A's each quarter
      play Mozart for your kinfolk
      win starred-first in contest
      you must
      come home on your wedding night.

      It is not enough
      said her mother
      that you
      smile at Auntie Lockwood
      take cookies to the neighbors
      keep quiet while I'm napping
      you must
      cure my asthma.

      It is not enough
      said her husband
      that you
      write letters to my parents
      fix pumpkin pie and pastry
      forget your name was Bauer
      you must
      always
      you must
      never.

      It is not enough
      said her children
      that you
      make us female brownies
      tend our friends and puppies
      buy us Nike tennies
      you must
      let us kill you.

      It is not enough
      said her pastor
      that you
      teach the second graders
      change the cloths and candles
      kneel prostrate at the altar
      as long as there are starving children in the world
      you must
      not eat
      without guilt.

      It is not enough
      said her counselor
      that you
      struggle with the demons
      integrate your childhood
      leave when time is over
      you must
      stop crying
      clarify your poetic symbols
      and
      not feel
      that you are
      not enough.

      I give up
      she said
      I am not enough
      and laid down
      into the deep blue pocket
      of night
      to wait
      for death.

      She waited...

      and
      finally
      her heart exploded
      her breathing stopped

      They came with stretcher
      took her clothes off
      covered her with linen
      then went away'
      and left her locked
      in deep blue pocket tomb

      The voice said
      YOU ARE ENOUGH

      naked
      crying
      bleeding
      nameless
      starving
      sinful
      YOU ARE ENOUGH

      And the third day
      she sat up
      asked for milk and crackers
      took ritual bath with angels
      dressed herself with wings
      and flew away.

      - Nancy Ore

      ~You are Enough. Just as you are. Perhaps if we just threw all the ego's-antics analyzin', all the how-to-wake-up discussin', all the self-improvement manuals in the commode, down the drain, flushed 'em all, and just accepted all as it is - even the unacceptable, oh yes, "Accept the Unacceptable," we would learn to fly! No, can't even use the word "learn" - cause there is no learnin' - everything we have put into that wondrous brain of ours drains out through the "You are Enough" hole.

      "God shatters all that is not Him!" the Sufis say.

      Buddha had the idea: what do you think he was "doing" under that tree? Jes sittin' - that's all. And ole Mara came along and threw all that stuff at him about what he could "do"....jes like Jesus heard, "have power," "seek sex" "brag" "invest in tech stocks" "lose weight" "fight for that promotion" "use strips for your blackheads"...well, somethin' like that, and Sidd ignored him, and just sat. And his big awakening was to simply see things as they really are, right there, in front of his nose. And IT was enough. HE was Enough. And so are WE. Enough.

      That's what it seems to this ole woman, all those dudes who Made IT learned: they were enough. And when they stopped seekin' to be more - or less - when they stopped. Period. They began to live for the first time, And every dern one of them had their wings pop out and were flyin' all over the place.

      "Not for this were my wings fitted." Plato.

      It jes feels so damned good sometimes to remember how simple it all is.

      love to all,
      lalala...i love you jes the way you are...lalala oh