#2638 - Thursday, November 9, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2006
      #2638 - Thursday, November 9, 2006 - Editor: Jerry Katz

      The Nondual Highlights

      "Learn the difference between thinking and awareness.
      Thinking connects with the past, with memory, and works by opposites,
      such as good and bad, you and I. It is rightly used in everyday
      matters, such as cooking. It is wrongly used when one tries to gain a
      self-identity, like labeling oneself a success or a failure.

      Awareness is an impartial observation of the whole of life. It does
      not proceed from a sense of individuality; it is the whole tree, not
      just branches which are opposed to roots. Awareness is sanity, peace.

      Would you like something to challenge and strengthen your mental
      forces? At the next disappointing event, reflect, 'This is also just
      as much a part of life as what I label a favorable event. As a whole
      person, I see both sides equally; I do not split events into good and
      bad. Being whole, I see the whole.' Do this, even if you don't
      understand it, for it contains a tremendous secret."

      ~ Vernon Howard

      From the book: Esoteric Mind Power
      published by New Life Foundation
      www.amazon.com/ exec/obidos/ ASIN/0911203273/ angelinc

      --from Daily Dharma

      One millionth of one percent false is completely false. Everything in duality is false -- false as in not true, not true as in bullshit. There are not exceptions. Black and white, no shades of gray. Truth is one, is non-dual, is infinite, is one-without-other. Truth is dissolution, no-self, unity. There's nothing to say about it, nothing to feel about it, nothing to know about it. You are true or you're a lie, as in ego-bound, as in dual, as in asleep.

      --Jed McKenna in Spiritual Enlightenment, The Damnedest Thing

      Love is natural. Console your mind and make
      it listen. Love all or it is not love. Make your
      mind love this way and you will see the magic
      of this everyday.

      - Papaji

      "The Truth Is"
      Sri H.W.L. Poonja
      Yudhishtara, 1995

      from Along the Way

      I lit up a cigarette, buttoned my coat up, and began walking down the long straight highway. After twenty minutes I remembered the pack of cigarettes. I lit another. It was that easy.

      --Jerry