#2632 - Wednesday, November, 1, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2006
      #2632 - Wednesday, November, 1, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      NONDUAL HIGHLIGHTS

      Before the USA votes next week, our friend across the pond,
      Roy Whenary, recommends a visit to Swami Beyondananda.
      "For a little trip through non-duality and humour, and politics,
      etc ... the Swami is always a good option."

      But first, a moment of Zen...

      A man should learn to sail in all winds.

      --Italian Proverb
      ~    ~   ~

      "I have never been lost,
      but I will admit to being confused for several weeks."
      --Daniel Boone

      When perception is stronger than mindfulness, we recognize various
      appearances and create concepts such as "body," "cat", "house," or
      "person". . . On some clear night, go outside, look up at the sky, and
      see if you can find the Big Dipper. For most people that is a familiar
      constellation, easy to pick out from all the other stars. But is there
      really a Big Dipper up there in the sky? There is no Big Dipper up
      there. "Big Dipper" is a concept. Humans looked, saw a certain pattern,
      and then created a concept in our collective mind to describe it. That
      concept is useful because it helps us recognize the constellation. But it
      also has another, less useful effect. By creating the concept "Big
      Dipper" we separate out those stars from all the rest, and then, if we
      become attached to the idea of that separation, we lose the sense of
      the night sky's wholeness, its oneness. Does the separation actually
      exist in the sky? No. We created it through the use of a concept.
      Does anything change in the sky when we understand that there is no
      Big Dipper? No.

      --Joseph Goldstein, Insight Meditation

      The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

      "Reality is neither subjective nor objective, neither mind nor matter,
      neither time nor space. These divisions need somebody to happen to, a
      conscious separate center. But reality is all and nothing, the
      totality and the exclusion, the fullness and the emptiness, fully
      consistent, absolutely paradoxical. You cannot speak about it, you
      can only lose yourself in it."

      A Net of Jewels

      Those who wish to embody the Tao should embrace all
      things. To embrace all things means first that one
      holds no anger or resistance toward any idea or
      thing, living or dead, formed or formless. Acceptance
      is the very essence of the Tao. To embrace all things
      means also that one rids oneself of any concept of
      separation; male and female, self and other, life and
      death. Division is contrary to the nature of the Tao.
      Foregoing antagonism and separation, one enters in the
      harmonious oneness of all things.

      Hua Hu Ching

      Allspirit

      To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.
      But to feel the affection that comes from those we do not know, from
      those unknown to us, who are watching over our sleep and solitude,
      over our dangers and our weakness - that is something still greater
      and more beautiful because it widens the boundaries of our being, and
      unites all living things.

      --Pablo Neruda, The Book of Virtues

      Allspirit

      We live in illusion
      And the appearance of things.

      There is a reality.
      We are that reality.

      When you understand this,
      You see that you are nothing.

      And being nothing,
      You are everything.

      That is all.

      --Kalu Rinpoche

      Dzogchen

      http://www.wakeuplaughing.com/

      And read Swami's 2006 State of the Universe Address