Small addition to Friday's Highlights

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19 10:19 AM
      Taking a bit of liberty here, because I do not know if Jerry omitted his own
      comments around the Nick Ardagh quotes from simple modesty or if he truly cannot
      see the service he himself provides simply by holding the vision of this space
      for us all. Jerry's gift to us is to include everyone. Our scribbles go up on
      the refrigerator next to Ramana and Nisargadatta quotes and it's hard to tell
      which are more valued, because Jerry loves the first step and every step you
      make. His words stirred my heart and they are not to be missed, for they are
      about all of you, wherever you may be. Thanks Jerry, for bringing us together.
      Love, Glo

      From: umbada@... (Jerry M. Katz)

      Here's more from Arjuna Nick Ardagh's, "How About Now?
      Satsang with Arjuna." May I, for a moment, offer that we are
      Internet nondualists, those of us awakening on the email
      lists, not in formal Satsang.

      Jerry wrote:
      We would recognize, enjoy, partake in, and grow as a result
      of attending Satsang, yes, but many of us are mainly
      Guerrilla
      Nondualists, doing it all on the Internet,
      in lonely rooms set aglow by a
      monitor, in tiny groups with our friends and no recognized
      teacher, on the phone with Gene Poole, in chat rooms, in
      motel rooms, in mental institutions, alone with good
      husbands in the living room, alone with wives who don't
      understand, alone with good books, alone in bed and in
      chronic physical pain, paired in bed and in joy, in our
      offices, at our work stations, in prisons or in streets
      among the homeless, in the cemetaries of our love ones, many
      taken while too young, on the top of London busses, in
      revolving doors, driving cabs, in E.R.'s: yes, many of us
      are Guerrilla nondualists, doing the nondual attention thing
      by loving the one they're with and the place they are now
      and knowing it's as good or much better or no different than
      formal Satsang.

      Guerrilla Jerry Katz offers more from Arjuna Nick Ardagh:

      "...for many of us it's time to move beyond preoccupation
      with the minute fluctuations of 'my freedom.' 'Am I getting
      identified with thought? Am I getting caught up? Or am I
      resting? Maybe I should do another retreat, or maybe I
      should have a session.' There comes a time when all that
      becomes like a hamster on one of those wheels. The very
      preoccupation with one's own state of consciousness is what
      keeps identification in place. What arises spontaneously
      from here is a life of service. That is the greatest
      secret."

      "As soon as the body is used in service, the attention goes
      off this illusion of separate identity and starts to be
      concerned with the larger mind/body. For many of us, it's
      time to move beyond 'my freedom'. There's a pull of the
      heart, a call of the heart, to something bigger than 'my
      spiritual state'."

      -------------------------------------
      And Jerry adds more:
      I like this quote because Guerrilla Nondualism is all about
      service; it is not about sitting in an audience and watching
      a great and enlightened speaker. That's easy. Guerrilla
      Nondualism is about spending twenty or forty hours a week on
      the internet or in groups with people and taking by giving
      and giving by taking, but not even thinking of those words
      and not even thinking of service and not even thinking that
      you're serving, but only having a great time! But to outside
      eyes it would look like service, what we do. Nobody here
      looks at it that way. That's why it works.

      Jerry
      NONDUALITY SALON