#2628 - Sunday, October 29, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2006
      #2628 - Sunday, October 29, 2006 - Editor: Gloria Lee

      The Nondual Highlights
      You're only given a little spark of madness.
      You mustn't lose it.

      --Robin Williams

      Look into the sphere of birthless mind!
      Let dawn the enjoyment of ceaseless play!
      When free of hope and fear--that's the result.
      Why speak of birth and death?
      Come to the natural, unmodified state!
      --Drinking the Mountain Stream:
      Songs of Tibet's Beloved Saint, Milarepa

      "No wide-awake man wanders unnecessarily in a real desert. He
      walks out. But people do not see that they unnecessarily waste
      themselves by remaining in a mental wilderness. They fail to
      understand their rightful refreshment found in a mental palace.
      They mistakenly take esoteric parables as pleasant little les-
      sons, but do not see them as life-liberating truths. We must
      wake up!"

      --Vernon Howard,

      It is a great turning point in our spiritual lives when we go from
      intellectual appreciation of a path to the heartfelt confidence that
      says, "Yes, it is possible to awaken. I can, too." A tremendous joy
      accompanies this confidence. When we place our hearts upon the
      practice, the teachings come alive. That turning point, which
      transforms an abstract concept of a spiritual path into our own
      personal path, is faith.
      --Sharon Salzberg, Tricycle: The Buddhist Review, Spring 1995

      Daily Dharma
      "constant state of awe"
      So, darlin's, ever wonder what "it" would be like? To make it to
      wherever we seem  to be striving to go? to be? Below is a verse near
      the end of an unbelievably  beautiful description of Dzogchen, The
      Great Perfection, AtiYoga Tantra, the  highest teaching in Tibetan
      Buddhism, from "Old Man Basking in the Sun," by  Longchenpa,
      translated by Keith Dowman from his home in Nepal, and published
      there. The whole book blows one's mind away. And you are left with...
      your own  natural awesome perfection. Highly recommended. ,^)) Hey!
      dear ones, have a  pellucid day!  love to all, dharma grandmother
      "Resting free and easy in the nature of mind, planning nothing,
      analyzing nothing,  surrendering to pristine reality, no intellect
      remaining, bare gnostic pure being  superseding causality and moral
      discriminating, here is pellucid natural clarity,  brilliant shining
      emptiness, timeless uniform luminosity.
      This uncontrived, unadulterated space is uniform in its natural flow,
      immaculate in  its natural transparency, at ease in its natural freedom,
      pellucid in its natural purity,  realized in its natural dispositon, and the
      doors of the senses are held wide open in  a constant state of awe.
      In this vast matrix of open space, the mind's hold on linear
      progression, the past,  present and future, is irrevocably broken and
      in equilibrium we rest in naked,  unthinking, indeterminate clarity."
      "There is freedom from desire and sorrow at the end of the way. The
      awakened one  is free from all fetters and goes beyond life and death.
      Like a swan that rises from  the lake, with her thoughts at peace, she
      moves onward, never looking back. The one  who understands the
      unreality of all things, and who has laid up no store, that one's  track
      is unseen, as of birds in the air. Like a bird in the air, she takes an
      invisible  course, wanting nothing, storing nothing, knowing the
      emptiness of all things."