#2617 - Wednesday, October 18, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2617, Wednesday, October 18, 2006

      When the energy of love is strong in us, we can send it to beings in all directions.

      But we must not think that love meditation is only an act of imagination--we imagine our love as being like waves of sound or light, or like a pure, white cloud that forms slowly and gradually spreads out to envelope the whole world. A true cloud produces rain. Sound and light penetrate everywhere, and our love must do the same.

      We have to observe whether our mind of love is present in our actual contact with others. Practicing love meditation in the sitting position is only the beginning.

      - Thich Nhat Hanh, from Teachings On Love

      - What more can be said but this? (Ed.) I'm going to take a break for awhile from the HLs because I recognize these things, but I'm not living them very well. I wish you all well.