#2613 - Saturday, October 14, 2006

  • markotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2006

      Nondual Highlights Issue #2613, Saturday, October 14, 2006

      Stand in your original state of wholeness,
      the state before you were born when there
      was no knowledge "I am" and therefore
      no need or want of any kind. All suffering
      will end as soon as you stand in pure
      Awareness.

      - Ramesh S. Baslekar, A Net of Jewels, posted to AlongTheWay

      The higher your aims and vaster your desires, the
      more energy you will have for their fulfillment.
      Desire the good of all and the universe will work
      with you. But if you want your own pleasure, you
      must earn it the hard way. Before desiring, deserve.

      - Nisargadatta Maharaj, I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, posted to AlongTheWay

      Purify yourself
      from the 'attributes' of 'selfhood'

      So that you may 'see'
      your own 'pure-essence.'

      The 'absolute-being'
      works in 'non-existence.'

      What but 'non-existence'
      is the 'workshop'
      of the 'maker' of 'existence?'

      So enter into the 'workshop'
      namely 'non-existence'

      So that you may 'see'
      both the 'worker'
      and the 'work' together.

      What do I know if 'I' exist or not ?
      But this much I do know, oh Beloved:

      When 'I' exist
      I am 'non-existent'
      and when 'I' am 'non-existent'

      I exist ...

      - Rumi, The Sufi Path of Love, posted to Mystic_Spirit

      Nasrudin was walking past a well, when he had the impulse to look into it. It was night, and as he peered into the deep water, he saw the Moon's reflection there.

      "I must save the Moon!" the Mulla thought. "Otherwise it will never wane, and the fasting month of Ramadan will never come to an end." He found a rope, threw it in and called down. "Hold tight; keep bright; succour is at hand!"

      The rope caught in a rock inside the well, and Nasrudin heaved as hard as he could. Straining back, he suddenly felt the rope give as it came loose, and he was thrown on his back. As he lay there, panting, he saw the Moon riding high in the sky above.

      "Glad to be of service," said Nasrudin. "Just as well I came along, wasn't it?"

      as collected by Idries Shah, posted to SufiMystic

      i want to leave this town
      but you've chained me down
      stolen away my heart
      leaving yourself behind

      now i've lost my way
      my soul restless and head twisted
      all because of those secrets
      you once whispered

      i only must keep
      fasting my heart
      to set me free
      from sleepless nights

      since your only advice
      when you saw me in flame
      was to keep burning
      with you or with your thoughts

      words of wisdom
      came to me at last
      "the beloved you've lost
      the one you've been seeking outside
      can only be found inside"

      - Rumi, Ghazal 2582, from the Diwan-e Shams, translation by Nader Khalili, Rumi, Fountain of Fire, posted to Sunlight.